Mountain Shop Hosts Women’s Cycling Networking Event
Wednesday, September 24, 2014
To celebrate the powerful presence of lady bike-lovers in our fair city, the Mountain Shop has organized a bike-centric women's networking event tomorrow.
They're calling the evening “Bikey-Women-In-Portland-Doing-Amazing-Things Night” and it's a who's who of Portland's women cycling community advocates, business owners and thought leaders.
The line-up includes:
- Ellee Thalheimer, author and tour guide of the Cycling Sojourner book series
- Elly Blue, founder of Elly Blue Publishing and author of Everyday Bicycling, Taking the Lane, and Bikeonomics
- Jocelyn Gaudi, National Mountain Bike Patrol and Marketing Manager at Portland Design Works
- Tori Bortman, author of Bicycling Magazine’s Big Book of Cycling for Beginners and owner, Gracie’s Wrench, bike maintenance education
- Laura Crawford, The Path Less Pedaled, bicycle tourism advocate and marketer, inspiring bike travel through storytelling
- Maria Schur, Oregon Outback adventurist and Marketing Coordinator at Western Bike Works
- Leah Benson, bicycle saddle librarian and owner, Gladys Bikes, a woman-focused bike shop
- Kelsey Cardwell, President of the Northwest Trail Alliance
The evening offers a low-key chance to mingle and chat with the local women leading the charge for women's cycling concerns.
Food and adult beverages for the night will be provided from local woman-owned businesses, and for dessert the Mountain Shop has engaged Jenn Pereau of Rawdacious Desserts.
Thursday, September 25th, 6:30-8:30pm
For more information, contact Lisa Luna at 503-288-6768.
Related Slideshow: 15 Biggest Public Transit Systems in the U.S.
- Bike Local: The Banks-Vernonia Trail
- Bike Culture SOS: Save Our Shops
- Portland’s Bike Plan Makes Biking Safer in the City
- Five Reasons Why Padded Bike Shorts Will Save Your Butt