Oregon’s Business Rankings
Monday, May 11, 2015
According to the different business rankings, Oregon's rankings varies greatly. In contrast, Texas consistently scores at the top of the national lists.
Related Slideshow: Oregon Business Rankings in US
See how Oregon stacked up against the other states in the U.S.
Oregon gets a C+ for small business friendliness from Thumbtack, in conjunction with the Kauffman Foundation.
According to the ranking:
Overall friendliness C+
Ease of starting a business B
Ease of hiring D+
Health & safety D
Employment, labor & hiring D
Tax code D+
Training & networking programs B+
Oregon has been ranked as the 2nd most eco-friendly state in the country, according to a recent study by WalletHub.
Oregon ranks eighth in environmental quality and first in Eco-Friendly Behaviors landing them in second overall.
Oregon is behind Vermont and ahead of New York and Minnesota who land in the third and fourth spots respectively.
Small Business Friendliness Grade: C+
The Economist grades states on an A+ to F grading scale for its small business climate. Oregon is one of 4 states that earned a "C+"
Overbearing bureaucracy and excessive licensing is stifling small business in America.
- Portland Business Alliance Supports Banning Criminal History Check Box on Job Applications
- Portland Set to Host International Cannabis Business Conference
- Portland State Business Accelerator Wins Top Honors for Tech Startups
- Portland Apparel Lab: Business Accelerator for Fashionistas
- Oregonians Against Discrimination: Business Leaders Luncheon at OCC
- Oregon Secures $300,000 in Federal Funding For Small Business Grants
- Price Fluctuations Threaten to Drive Marijuana Growers Out of Business
- Revenue Down 30 Percent Since Street Closures, Old Town Businesses Say
- The Five Types of Businesses With Most Complaints in Oregon
- What Landlords Should Know Before Renting to a Marijuana Business
- Why Strip Clubs Should be Treated Like Any Other Business
- The 14 Biggest Business Stories of 2014
- State Approves New Guidelines For Smarter Business Purchasing
- Scott Bruun: Does Portland Really Want Your Business?
- Startups Become Shrinking Portion of Oregon Business
- Oregon Officials and Businesses Give Support For Pro-Solar Legislation
- Oregon Medical Marijuana Business Conference to Convene in Eugene
- Forty Businesses Demand that the City Let Uber Operate in Portland
- Don’t Let Your Business Get “Netflixed”
- Cylvia Hayes’ Emails Show Perverse Relationship Between Business and “First Lady” Role
- Banking Then and Now: A Tale of Two Business Owners
- Business Profile: Knowledge U’s New Chief Marketing Officer Gail Galuppo
- College Counseling: Great Schools for Equine Business Management Programs
- INVESTIGATION: Merkley Spends 78% of His Campaign Funds with Businesses Outside Oregon
- Jobs and Businesses Boom in Downtown Portland
- Oregon Among Worst States for Small Business
- Oregon Gets Middle Marks for Business Friendliness
- NedSpace: A Home for New Portland Businesses
- Multnomah County Hires Fewer Small and Minority Businesses
- MAP: Business Evictions in Multnomah County
- Mother’s Schroeder Shares 15 Lessons From 15 Years in Business
- Apple is Getting into the Car Business