U.S. Economy Adds 160,000 Jobs in April
Saturday, May 07, 2016
The unemployment rate remained steady at five percent.
GoLocal teams with Graphiq to highlight the unemployment rate and jobs added in April as well as other economic indicators.
Related Slideshow: Oregon Business Rankings in US
See how Oregon stacked up against the other states in the U.S.
Oregon gets a C+ for small business friendliness from Thumbtack, in conjunction with the Kauffman Foundation.
According to the ranking:
Overall friendliness C+
Ease of starting a business B
Ease of hiring D+
Health & safety D
Employment, labor & hiring D
Tax code D+
Training & networking programs B+
Oregon has been ranked as the 2nd most eco-friendly state in the country, according to a recent study by WalletHub.
Oregon ranks eighth in environmental quality and first in Eco-Friendly Behaviors landing them in second overall.
Oregon is behind Vermont and ahead of New York and Minnesota who land in the third and fourth spots respectively.
Small Business Friendliness Grade: C+
The Economist grades states on an A+ to F grading scale for its small business climate. Oregon is one of 4 states that earned a "C+"
Overbearing bureaucracy and excessive licensing is stifling small business in America.
- PSU President Wiewel’s Consulting Business is Unique Among University Presidents
- Price Fluctuations Threaten to Drive Marijuana Growers Out of Business
- Portland Winterhawks: “Daylight Classics” Good for Business, Good for Record
- Portland State Business Accelerator Wins Top Honors for Tech Startups
- PSU Students React to President’s Compensation and For-Profit Business
- Quintana Galleries Closing Its Doors After 42 Years of Business
- SBA is Accepting Nominations for 2016 Small Business Week Awards
- Saul Kaplan: Stop Treating Business Model Innovation As Change Management
- Revenue Down 30 Percent Since Street Closures, Old Town Businesses Say
- Portland Set to Host International Cannabis Business Conference
- Portland Ranks Poorly for Women Owned Businesses
- PCC SBDC Head Wins State Small Business Award
- OTBC’s $100K Startup Challenge Assists Small Business Startups
- Organize + Energize: How Organized Was Your Business This Year?
- Portland Apparel Lab: Business Accelerator for Fashionistas
- Portland Business Alliance Accepting Applications for Small Business Program
- Portland Business Alliance Supports Banning Criminal History Check Box on Job Applications
- Portland Business Alliance Releases Economic Check-Up
- Portland Business Alliance Looks at PDX as a Startup Hub on Wednesday
- Scott Bruun: Does Portland Really Want Your Business?
- Should Marijuana Business Ownership Be Limited to Oregon Residents?
- State Approves New Guidelines For Smarter Business Purchasing
- Startups Become Shrinking Portion of Oregon Business
- Small Business Profile: The Portland Rock Gym
- The 14 Biggest Business Stories of 2014
- The 15 Biggest Business Stories of 2015
- Why Strip Clubs Should be Treated Like Any Other Business
- What Landlords Should Know Before Renting to a Marijuana Business
- The Five Types of Businesses With Most Complaints in Oregon