United States Adds 242,000 Jobs in February
Friday, March 04, 2016
The unemployment rate remained at 4.9 percent.
GoLocal teams with Graphiq to highlight non farm payrolls and the unemployment rate in the US.
Related Slideshow: Oregon Business Rankings in US
See how Oregon stacked up against the other states in the U.S.
Oregon gets a C+ for small business friendliness from Thumbtack, in conjunction with the Kauffman Foundation.
According to the ranking:
Overall friendliness C+
Ease of starting a business B
Ease of hiring D+
Health & safety D
Employment, labor & hiring D
Tax code D+
Training & networking programs B+
Oregon has been ranked as the 2nd most eco-friendly state in the country, according to a recent study by WalletHub.
Oregon ranks eighth in environmental quality and first in Eco-Friendly Behaviors landing them in second overall.
Oregon is behind Vermont and ahead of New York and Minnesota who land in the third and fourth spots respectively.
Small Business Friendliness Grade: C+
The Economist grades states on an A+ to F grading scale for its small business climate. Oregon is one of 4 states that earned a "C+"
Overbearing bureaucracy and excessive licensing is stifling small business in America.
- Portlanders Quitting Their Jobs is a Good Sign for the Economy
- Portland’s Middle-Income Jobs in Decline, Says Study
- Portland Ranks Among Cities With Most White-Collar Jobs
- The 28 Most Stressful Jobs
- The Notorious 8: Jobs We Hate You For Doing
- Why Unemployment and Jobs in Oregon are Both on the Rise
- What Jobs You Would Need to Afford These 25 Portland Neighborhoods
- US Economy Adds Roughly 292,000 Jobs in December
- Portland is 4th Fastest Growing City for Tech Jobs
- Port of Portland to Fill 300 Jobs At Job Fair
- Jobs and Businesses Boom in Downtown Portland
- NEW: Portland Gets Back Jobs Lost to Recession
- Oregon’s 20 Best Jobs That Don’t Require A College Degree
- NIKE Creates More Than 2,000 Jobs After Tax Deal With Oregon
- Drone Economy Could Bring Jobs, Investment to Oregon