3rd Annual Veterans Run is Sunday
Saturday, November 14, 2015
The event will feature two races: a 5K run, beginning at 8:11 AM, and a 1-mile walk/run that kicks off immediately following the start of the 5K. Each runner or walker will receive a race goodie bag, commemorative finisher's pin, a medal or ribbon for finishing their race, a finisher’s certificate and free refreshments.
The event is designed to thank the men and women that have served or are currently serving in the U.S. military. They provide discounted pricing to veterans and active-duty military members and donate a portion of the proceeds to military charities including the Wounded Warrior Project, Folds of Honor, Operation Gratitude, Team Red White and Blue and other local charities.
The race may be quickly approaching, but there is still time to get involved. Registration will be open on race day until the race kicks off. Registration for the 5K costs $40 on the day of the race or $30 in advance, while the one-mile event will cost $30 on race day or $25 in advance.
For more information on the race, or to register, visit the Veterans Day Run website.
- Scott Bruun: Oregon’s Race for Secretary of State More Important Than Ever
- Wheeler to Challenge Hales in Race for Mayor of Portland
- Who’s Hot and Who’s Not in Oregon Politics: The Race for Mayor, Education, Ducks
- Young Audiences to Host Volcano Race PDX on September 28
- How Do I Look?: A Race and Beauty Symposium Hosted by Lewis & Clark
- Hartman Fine Art Presents Rachel Davis: A Trace History
- City Council Race Beginning To Heat Up This Summer
- Alley Cross Benefit Race Blends City Grit and Muddy Fun
- Community ‘Cross Race to Benefit Gateway Green
- Goss, Evans Locked in Ugliest Race in the Oregon House
- Halloween 5K Race to Raise Money for Child Homelessness
- 15th Annual Race for Justice set for June 20