Brush Up on Mixology During Portland Cocktail Week
Saturday, October 17, 2015
Each year, the Bar Institute gives Portland’s cocktail lovers a chance to learn more about the delicate science that goes into making their favorite drinks.
The five-day event is set up like a miniature university, complete with “majors” like Advanced Bartending, Bar Ownership, Innovation and Development and Beyond the Bar. Professionals in the nightlife sandbar industry can sign up for “undergraduate” or “masters” programs, each with their own schedule of classes and requirements.
What would a true learning experience without some fun After School Activities? Throughout the week, events will be held that held attendees unwind. Celebrate at tonight’s Grand Opening, beginning at 9 PM at the House Spirits Distillery or learn about breakfast pairings at Monday’s Whisky and Waffles event at the Convention Center Pavilion
Looking to learn more about the world of fine cocktails, but don’t have the time (or the desire) to get your degree? No problem. Interested parties can register for a festival pass, which allows visitors to attend all After School Activities and sit in on classes that aren’t full.
Related Slideshow: PDX Cocktail Week: Pre-Funking with Red Star & House Spirits
Portland Cocktail Week kicked off a little early with two parties on Saturday night. First up was the Negroni blow-out at Red Star Tavern, and the second was House Spirits "10th Birthday" party at Jacobsen Salt Co.
- North Portland Bartenders Create Super Bowl Team Cocktails
- Low-proof Cocktails Take PDX by Storm
- Fairview Man Arrested with Machete, Molotov Cocktails, After Jumping in Stream
- PDX Cocktail Week: Pre-Funking with Red Star & House Spirits
- Peacock In The Park Takes Center Stage At The Rose Garden
- Seven Game-Changing National Cocktail Trends
- Peacock In The Park To Heat Up Portland On Sunday
- Blazers Acquire Mike Miller and Brendan Haywood in Cockeyed Trade
- Ask A Bartender: Why Are Craft Cocktails So Big In Portland?
- Ask A Bartender: Should I Refrain From Using Expensive Spirits In Cocktails?
- Ask A Bartender: How Will Marijuana Affect My Cocktail
- Ask A Bartender: Can You Own A Cocktail?
- Ask A Bartender: What Can The Craft Cocktail Learn From The Cosmo?
- Ask A Bartender: What Is The Cheapest Ingredient In A Cocktail?
- Ask A Bartender: What’s A Good Morning Cocktail?
- Ask A Bartender: What Makes A Cocktail Complex?
- 5 Holiday Cocktail Recipes From Portland Bars