slides: Party Report: Celebrity Crab Cracking Contest at Seafood & Wine Fest
Monday, February 02, 2015
The festive event featured fresh Oregon seafood, wines from over 50 Oregon wineries and selected Oregon craft beer vendors, live music and benefitted The Oregon Chapter of the National MS Society.
On top of all that seafood, on Friday a Celebrity Crab Cracking Championship was held with local broadcast weatherman and other celebs types including GoLocalPDX's own Byron Beck and radio DJ Rick Bubba Taylor on hand to crack crabs. The event was hosted by Crab Cracking Contest creator Gregg LeBlanc with officiating provided by the Director of the Oregon Dungeness Crab Commission.
The big difference from previous crab crackings was that this year the contestants were given only two crabs and were asked to shell as much crab as they could in ten minutes out of each crustacean. The short competition was close as could be, with the final winner being Rick Bubba Taylor. Second place went to GoLocalPDX's own Byron Beck who was able to beat the other contestants that included weather folks such as KGW's Nick Allard, KATU's Dave Salesky, KPTV's Andy Carson and KOIN's Sally Showman.
Related Slideshow: Celebrity Crab Cracking Contest at Seafood & Wine Fest
The Tenth Annual Portland Seafood and Wine Festival at the Oregon Convention Center landed smack dab in the middle of Dungeness Crab season.
- Party Report: LGBTQ Fundraiser for John Kitzhaber
- Party Report: Nicky USA Celebrates 25th Anniversary
- Party Report: Oregon Truffle Festival at World Forestry Center
- Party Report: Portland Film Festival Opening Night and Party
- Party Report: Reese Witherspoon, Laura Dern Appear at Portland “Wild” Premiere
- Party Report: Robin Lopez, GRIMM Cast, & Famous Authors At Mayday App Launch
- Party Report: Storm Large at Rumble On the River V