slides: Party Report: Public Invited to “Fun” Board Meeting at Director Park
Wednesday, October 29, 2014
Rather than invite voters behind closed boardroom doors, the meeting was open to the public and featured a variety of family-friendly activities including photo ops with therapy llamas, DJ Aquaman, cool giveaways, and free samples of Dr. Brew Kombucha.
“Most companies hold their board of directors elections behind closed doors in a conference room somewhere hidden from the public,” said Dawn Bonder, president and CEO of Health Republic. “We feel it’s important to let the public and our members know we have nothing to hide and so we’ve chosen to make our whole board election process open to the public.”
Late int the meeting, Health Republic plan members elected two seats to the company’s board of directors.
Related Slideshow: Health Republic Insurance “Fun” Board Meeting in Director Park
Health Republic Insurance, a non-profit health insurance provider, held its inaugural annual meeting and board of directors election in Director Park on Monday afternoon. And invited the public to join them for an afternoon of fun.
- Party Report: Basic Rights Oregon’s “Ignite” at Art Museum
- Party Report: Content 2014 at Ace Hotel Portland
- Party Report: Grand Opening for the Parker Building
- Party Report: Oregon Actors Awards at BodyVox
- Party Report: Portland Film Festival Opening Night and Party
- Patrick Lamb: The Life of Legendary Linda Hornbuckle