People Footwear Names Meade Vice President of Sales
Tuesday, July 11, 2017
“I am extremely excited and looking forward to working with the team at People Footwear to build upon the successes already accomplished, and implant strategies to continue the explosive growth. Having grown up in footwear, I have a passion for superior products and great brands. I see tremendous growth opportunity for People Footwear to make an impact in both the adult casual and children footwear market,” said Meade.
Meade will be based in the Portland office.
“We are thrilled to have Marty as part of the People Footwear family. As our brand continues to grow and we continue on our mission to make forward thinking footwear, we see the need to build out our executive team with industry veterans. Marty has great vision and demonstrated leadership abilities, along with unique insight into how to grow our sales throughout different channels, and we know he will complement the ideals we have at People Footwear,” said Damian Van Zyll De Jong, CEO.
Prior to joining People Footwear, Meade worked as a senior sales director for Dr. Martens AirWair LLC USA, where he was responsible for complete management for the performance channel.
There he built and directed a team of territory sales reps, national account managers, and was credited with doubling business in a matter of five years.
He worked directly with the UK-based global product team to deliver relevant product to the US market and was able to achieve his growth strategies.
Prior to Dr. Martens, he spent six years at Nike, Inc., in both retail and the equipment division.
- #heelconcept: Trend Making Instagramers into Footwear Designers
- Police Investigating Possible Drug Overdose Death of Portland State Football Player
- Portland’s Green Endeavor Inc. Helps Chemical Company Reduce Environmental Footprint
- Preview: National Signing Day for College Football
- Party Report: Foot Traffic’s Holiday Half in North Portland
- Pac-12 Football: Then, Since, & Later
- Oregon Ducks Lose NCAA Football Championship 42-20
- Oregon Football to Start Grad Transfer Prukop at QB
- Oregon’s Football Uniforms No Longer a Joke
- Rediscovering the Joy of Mediocre College Football
- Reliving My Insane Predictions for the 2015 College Football Season
- What Will Happen to Portland State’s Football Team?
- Why Football - All Sports- Should Not be Compared to “War”
- Wyden Asks FAA to Stop Foot-Dragging on Drone Regulations
- The Views from a New Oregonian: The Importance of Oregon Football
- Thanksgiving Day and Football: Traditions That Will Never Die
- Six Oregon Football Players To Watch as 2014 Season Kicks Off
- Sydney Seau Speaks Up About the Dangers of Football
- Oregon Ducks Have Re-Joined College Football’s Mortal Majority with Conference Title as Newest Goal