Portland Author Romaine Releases New Book to Get Kids Outside
Tuesday, June 13, 2017
The book features 52 projects to explore rocks, gems, geodes, crystals, fossils, and other wonders of the earth.
The purpose of the book is to get kids outside and learning.
Romaine is a gold prospector, rockhound, and fossil collector with years of experience in the field.
He is a long-time writer for Gold Prospectors magazine. His previous books include The Modern Rockhounding and Prospecting Handbook, Rocks, Gems and Minerals of the Southwest, Rocks, Gems, and Minerals of the Rocky Mountains, and Rockhounding Idaho, all from FalconGuides, as well as Gem Trails of Washington and Gem Trails of Oregon.
He is a member of the Board of Directors of the Rice NW Museum of Rocks and Minerals in Hillsboro, Oregon.
- NEW: Facebook Page Calls for Ted Wheeler to Run For Mayor of Portland
- Oregon Author Recognized as Finalist for Book of the Year
- Oregon Election Season Was One For the History Books, Experts Say
- New Survey Shows Continued Dominance of Facebook
- Makers Gotta Make: Portland Made (The Book)
- Hollywood Heir Randy Spelling To Appear At Portland Bookstore
- It’s Time for Major League Soccer to Open Up Their Books
- Outrage Flares Around Milwaukie Candidate’s Facebook Post of Horrible Bike Accident
- Pair of Overdue Books Returned to PSU Library 52 Years Late
- Street Books: A Bike-Powered Library Serving People Living Outside
- The Effect of Hollywood on the World of Comic Book Collecting
- The Hidden Gems of 2016: Comic Books and Toys
- Sasquatch Books to Publish Toro Bravo Team’s Newest Cookbook
- Powell’s Books Presents Patti Smith at Newmark Theatre
- Party Report: Picnic Book Launch Party at Olympia Provisions
- Portland Start-up Aims to Cut Student Spending on College Textbooks
- Gov. Atiyeh’s Biographer Brings Book Tour to Portland
- Find Your New Favorite Book at the Multnomah County Library Fall Used Book Sale
- Best Portland Book Events in November