Portland Couple Wins $5.9 Million on Free Oregon’s Game Megabucks Ticket
Friday, March 17, 2017
"We win free tickets all the time when we play, but have never won anything with the free tickets. That's until today,” said Bob Frost, who plays the game regularly with his wife
The winning numbers were 1-7-31-40-44-47 for the Saturday, March 11 drawing. Frost's free ticket matched all six numbers. Oregon's Game Megabucks numbers are drawn every Monday, Wednesday and Saturday.
Frost and his wife have a morning ritual on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays, the mornings after the Megabucks drawings, where they have a cup of coffee and check their numbers. He always checks the free tickets last.
Each Oregon's Game Megabucks ticket has two set of numbers.
"The first line of numbers on the free ticket didn't have a single number. So I immediately thought it wasn't a winner. When I started checking the second set, when I got to three numbers I started thinking this could be it.,” Frost said.
The couple realized they had won when Frost handed the ticket back to his wife and she started reading off the numbers.
Upon claiming his prize on Monday, Frost said this year was his 25th wedding anniversary and the couple are planning a trip to Italy with the winnings. Frost opted to claim the $5.9 million prize as a lump sum payment of $2.95 million and after taxes took home $1,976,500.
He is the 259th Megabucks millionaire.
- Oregon Lottery Launches 2nd Version of Loteria Scratch-it Ticket
- Oregon Lottery Receives International Lottery Conference Award
- Oregon Lottery Still Waiting for St. Patrick’s Day Raffle Winner to Claim Prize
- Oregon Lottery Features Mat Kearney in New Ad
- Oregon Lottery Announces March as Problem Gambling Awareness Month
- Elisa Dozono Resigns as Chair of Oregon Lottery Following Lawsuit
- Neil Olshey, Portland Trail Blazers Won’t Talk ‘Playoffs, Lottery’
- Data Dimes: Which NBA Teams Have Best, Worst Draft Lottery Luck?