Spotted In Portland: Big Bang Theory’s Johnny Galecki in SE Portland
Tuesday, June 30, 2015
The actor, also known for his work on "Roseanne," was seen dining with a group of friends at the The Woodsman Tavern on the ultra-hip dining street of Southeast Division.
No word if Galecki was in town for work or play, but by the looks of things (and the amount of time they spent in the tavern) it seems to be much more of the latter.
The next day Galecki was also spotted outside the Lucia Hotel in downtown Portland on Saturday.
No word if he went into Vitaly Paley's nearby Portland Penny Diner which features a photograph of Kaley Cuoco's character "Penny" on the wall.
Related Slideshow: Top Ten Spots to Spot Celebrities in Portland
Are you hoping to get an autograph and selfie with your favorite band who is stopping in Portland? If you're on the hunt to find your favorite actors, actresses, singers, and athletes, check out this guide to where the sleep, hang out and eat in Portland.
The general rule of who stays where is as follows (subject to change at a moments notice): Basketball players and rock/pop/country stars can usually be found at one of the Kimpton Hotels (Hotel Monaco, Hotel Vintage Plaza, RiverPlace). Soccer players (as in David Beckham), movie stars and very famous basketball icons stay at The Nines. Movie stars and musicians on the down low can be found at Hotel Deluxe.
Photo Credit: By Steve Morgan (Own work)
If a star is in town for a comedy show, book signing, Broadway show or performance, KATU’S morning gabfest, AM Northwest, will likely have them on the program with Helen Raptis and Dave Anderson. That is, if they are making a personal appearance. KATU also has an H-D studio on their premises that is used for satellite interviews for major networks like HLN.
If it’s a super hot, right now restaurant there is a very good chance you might see a celeb sitting next to you. Recent sightings include Martha Stewart at Ava Gene’s, Jerry O’Connell and Rebecca Romijn at Andina, Michael Jordan and k.d. lang on the balcony at Departure and pretty much anyone who has come through town at Bluehour including most of the Osborne clan.
Celebs like to drink and listen to live music too. Sam Worthington met his future wife when she was working at Saucebox. Actor/Director Tim Robbins hit the stage at Kelly’s Olympian to sit in with a band when he was working on a film here that never quite off the ground. And the cast of “Leverage” pretty much made the Pearl District’s Touché their home away from home during the filming of that series in Portland.
RUNNING & BIKE PATHS
Many a celebrity has been spotted running along the waterfront including Madonna (with two security guards in tow) when she made the movie “Body of Evidence” here in town. Lady Gaga took a break from her tour and took a bike out along the Springwater Corridor for a little rest, relaxation and interaction with her “little monsters” (aka her fans).
Photo Credit: By Finetooth (Own work) Live Look via Wikimedia Commons
The thought is the bigger the crowd the less likely you might see a celebrity. The inverse is true when it comes to Portland’s “living room.” It seems that the bigger the crowd the more likely a star can slip into the crowd. Guess that’s why no one batted an eye when Mikhail Baryshnikov pushed a baby stroller along the outskirts of the Square.
Speaking of basketball, the world’s biggest ball players also have some of the biggest feet in the world. So where do they go to pick up a pair of sneaks? If you guessed some major shoe company, you’d be right (see next slide). But there’s another place you might see the biggest stars on the boards: Oddball Shoes. Brothers Zac and Seth Longaker specialize in offering shoe sizes in the double digits. It doesn’t hurt that the also have big boy toys (pinball, hoops, etc.) all over their industrial Northwest shop and the good stuff behind a well-stocked bar (1801 NW Thurman St., http://www.oddball.com).
ATHLETIC EMPLOYEE STORES
One of the fringe benefits of being super famous, or even just a little bit famous, is that you get “swag,” a.k.a. free stuff. And one of the biggest benefits for your band to travel through the area is that we are the home of two of the biggest sportswear apparel companies in the world: Nike and Adidas, which both have employee stores featuring items that you might not find on store shelves. And if your super big-time they might even close the employee store for as they did for (soon to be former) Adidas pitchman, Justin Bieber.
If all else fails, you can always stalk…er…wait for your favorite star to leave the set of whatever film they are making in Portland. Just ask Twilight’s Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson who had a tour bus worth of fans following their every footstep around town.
- Spotted In Portland: Noah Wyle’s Birthday Celebrated on “The Librarians” Set
- Spotted in Portland: Noah Wyle at PCS’s “Three Days of Rain”
- Spotted In Portland: Oklahoma City Thunder’s Kevin Durant
- Spotted In Portland: Olympian Greg Louganis at Queer Film Festival
- Spotted In Portland: Patrick Stewart at Noble Rot Restaurant
- Spotted In Portland: Nick Jonas
- Spotted In Portland: Marcus Mariota at Alexis Restaurant
- Spotted in Portland: Jonathan Silverman at Manilow Concert
- Spotted in Portland: Joey Fatone, Bobby Brown, Brett Dalton, Stephen Amell & Other Stars
- Spotted In Portland: Kanye West at Adidas in North Portland
- Spotted In Portland: Karl Urban & Katee Sackhoff at Koi Fusion
- Spotted in Portland: LeBron James and Alyson Hannigan
- Spotted In Portland: Patrick Stewart is a Timbers Fan
- Spotted In Portland: Patrick Stewart, Jason Mewes & Eli Roth Filming in Portland
- Spotted In Portland: Tiger Woods at El Gaucho
- Spotted in Portland: The Voice’s Taylor John Williams ‘Surprise’ Guest at Deck the Hall Ball
- Spotted in Portland: Top Chefs Douggie Adams and Katsuji Tanabe at Lardo
- Spotted on Portlandia: Celebrity Guest Stars on Portlandia’s New Season
- UPDATED: Spotted In Portland: Actress Lucy Liu
- Spotted in Portland: Steve Buscemi at The Daily Grill
- Spotted In Portland: Seattle Seahawks’ Richard Sherman
- Spotted in Portland: Patti Smith in Downtown’s West District
- Spotted In Portland: Pee-Wee Herman & Candy Spelling
- Spotted in Portland: Reese Witherspoon, Laura Dern & Cheryl Strayed at Tasty N Alder
- Spotted in Portland: Scandal’s Tony Goldywn at OHS
- Spotted In Portland: Joe Biden at Salt and Straw
- Spotted in Portland: Jerry Seinfeld and Fred Armisen
- Spotted In Portland: Actress Lucy Liu Is Back in Portland
- Spotted In Portland: Actress Imogen Poots in NW Portland
- Spotted in Portland: Actresses Parker Posey & Brigitte Nielsen
- Spotted in Portland: Alicia Silverstone Hits The Dance Floor
- Spotted in Portland: Apple CEO’s Tim Cook at Downtown Store
- Spotted in Portland: Actor John Larroquette in the Pearl District
- Spotted In Portland: 10 Celebrities Who Passed Through Portland in 2014
- (Soon to be) Spotted In Portland: U.S. Senator John McCain
- NEW: Famous Stars Spotted in New Sleater-Kinney Promotion Video
- Spotted in Portland: (New Couple?)Taylor Schilling Seen with Carrie Brownstein
- Spotted In Portland: Bill Cosby and Anton Yelchin
- Spotted in Portland: Breaking Bad’s Anna Gunn
- Spotted in Portland: Food Network’s Alton Brown at Local Restaurants
- Spotted In Portland: Faye Resnick at 23 Hoyt, Katee Sackhoff & Karl Urban in the Pearl
- Spotted in Portland: Former Gov. John Kitzhaber in NW Portland
- Spotted in Portland: Former NFL Quarterback Tim Tebow
- Spotted In Portland: GZA at evo Opening Party in SE Portland
- Spotted In Portland: Evan Rachel Wood & Other Stars on Wildfang Shoot
- Spotted in Portland: Elizabeth Banks at Blazers Game
- Spotted In Portland: Cast of The Librarians at Imperial Restaurant
- Spotted in Portland: Danny DeVito in Pearl District
- Spotted in Portland: Denise Richards on Local Set of Significant Mother
- Spotted In Portland: Drake (He Was In Vancouver Too)
- (Soon To Be) Spotted in Portland: Is Fabio Moving to Oregon?