Spotted In Portland: Karl Urban & Katee Sackhoff at Koi Fusion
Tuesday, November 11, 2014
New Zealand actor Karl Urban—best known for playing Éomer in the second and third installments of Peter Jackson's "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy and Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy in "Star Trek" and "Star Trek Into Darkness"—was spotted over the weekend at the food cart pod on Mississippi Avenue by the folks at Koi Fusion, Bo Kwon's popular Portland taco truck.
And Urban just so happened to be spotted there with his co-star from the film "Riddick"—another major sci-fi star, Portland-born and -raised Katee Sackhoff, who is perhaps best known for her role as "Starbuck" on "Battlestar Galactica."
No word on why the co-stars were seen together in Portland this weekend. Or whether or not they might even be dating (Urban did separate from his wife earlier this summer). Katee did state on Twitter that she was in "#Ptown to hang with the fam."
Maybe Karl and Katee were just here to surprise his "Star Trek" cast-mate, Anton Yelchin, on the set of "The Green Room" currently filming in Portland.
Hmmm. Speaking of "Star Trek," this has to be the largest contigent of performers associated with the iconic tv and film series to ever appear in Portland and Oregon at the same time considering both Yelchin and Patrick Stewart are also currently in town.
Banner photo of Karl and Katee @koifusionpdx.
- Spotted In Portland: Patrick Stewart, Jason Mewes & Eli Roth Filming in Portland
- Spotted In Portland: Patrick Stewart is a Timbers Fan
- Spotted In Portland: Bill Cosby and Anton Yelchin
- Spotted In Portland: Patrick Stewart at Noble Rot Restaurant
- Spotted In Portland: Tiger Woods at El Gaucho
- Spotted in Portland: Steve Buscemi at The Daily Grill
- Spotted In Portland: Kanye West at Adidas in North Portland
- Spotted In Portland: Joe Biden at Salt and Straw