Spotted in Portland: Patti Smith in Downtown’s West District
Wednesday, January 21, 2015
Smith appeared live from the Crystal Ballroom's Lola's Room on KGW's 4 p.m. news broadcast before appearing live onstage at her sold out show at the Crystal Ballroom on Jan. 20. The iconic singer/songwriter talked to reporter Cassidy Quinn about how she spent the day in Portland prior to the show.
Smith told Quinn that she had put together a small tour of her favorite places with Portland near the top of her list.
Beaming with her love for Portland, Smith told how she spent her day shopping at Powell's, taking photographs of the old Joyce Hotel, which she said to be going under "some sort of transformation" and eating grits at the Roxy Diner. After all that, she said she returned to her room at the Ace Hotel and watched an episode of "Little House on the Prairie." It was exactly how she had hoped to spend the day in a city that has not only captured her heart and mind, but also her interest.
- Spotted In Portland: Actress Lucy Liu Is Back in Portland
- Spotted in Portland: Actresses Parker Posey & Brigitte Nielsen
- Spotted in Portland: Breaking Bad’s Anna Gunn
- Spotted in Portland: Elizabeth Banks at Blazers Game
- Spotted In Portland: Faye Resnick at 23 Hoyt, Katee Sackhoff & Karl Urban in the Pearl
- Spotted in Portland: Former NFL Quarterback Tim Tebow
- Spotted In Portland: GZA at evo Opening Party in SE Portland
- Spotted in Portland: Jerry Seinfeld and Fred Armisen
- Spotted In Portland: Kanye West at Adidas in North Portland
- Spotted In Portland: Nick Jonas
- Spotted In Portland: Olympian Greg Louganis at Queer Film Festival
- Spotted In Portland: Pee-Wee Herman & Candy Spelling
- Spotted in Portland: The Voice’s Taylor John Williams ‘Surprise’ Guest at Deck the Hall Ball