Veterans Day Parade Scheduled for Wednesday
Saturday, November 07, 2015
The parade will travel south down NE 40th Avenue before turning East onto NE Sandy Boulevard. The parade will continue down NE Sandy Boulevard before finally concluding in front of the Ross Hollywood Chapel flag pole at 48th and Sandy Boulevard.
Marchers will include marching bands, the historic Buffalo Soldiers Moses William Chapter of the 9th and 10th Cavalry on horseback, military veteran service organization, veteran motorcycle organizations, Boy and Girl Scout troops and more.
Following the parade, veterans and their families are welcome to attend a USO-style show and lunch at the Hollywood Theatre. Tony Starlight, of Tony Starlight’s Supper Club and Lounge will entertain guests with popular music from the World War II years and other patriotic music.
For more information or to register to march in the parade, visit the Veteran’s Day Parade website.
- Returning Veterans Project to Show “Frame by Frame” on Veteran’s Day
- Oregon Senators Announce New Veterans Employment Program
- Five Ways to Participate on Veterans Day
- Code Fellows Launches $250,000 Scholarship for Women, Minorities and Veterans
- Portland Rose Festival Grand Floral Parade 2015
- Remedy Wine Bar Prepares New Special For The Pride Parade
- Sellwood-Moreland St. Patrick’s Day Parade to Return March 14
- Portland kicks off Pride Parade with FLARE Party
- Parade Report: 2015 LGBT Pride Parade and Waterfront Festival
- Memorial Parade to be Held Sunday for Pink Martini Drummer
- Oregon Brewers Festival Features 90 Different Beers, Kicks off with Parade
- Gresham Hosts 33rd Annual Teddy Bear Parade