13 People Arrested During “Not My Presidents Day” Protests in Portland
Tuesday, February 21, 2017
The first event, starting at approximately 11:00 a.m., took place in the area of Southwest 3rd Avenue and Madison Street, across from the Edith Green-Wendell Wyatt Federal Building. The event organizers did not obtain any permit for a road closure or street use and several participants stood in the street and blocked traffic. Officers on bicycles and on foot attempted to maintain order but required assistance from Rapid Response Team (RRT) officers.
After lawful instructions were given by police to clear the roadway, officers did make several arrests in the area, as well as subsequent areas of Downtown Portland after an unpermitted street march involved dozens of people. During the march, officers had limited deployments of pepper spray and less-than-lethal munitions in response to actions of some protesters.
A total of 13 people were arrested in connection with the first event, seven adults and six juveniles. All 13 people received a traffic citation for violation of Oregon Revised Statute (ORS) 811.535 (Failing to Obey a Police Officer). All adults also received additional criminal criminal citations and booked into the Multnomah County Jail.
A second event started at 12:00 p.m. at Director Park, located at 815 Southwest Park Street. The event organizers obtained a permit to have a street march and were escorted on a route through Southwest Downtown Portland, returning to Director Park at approximately 1:00 p.m. There were no arrests or problems reported during this second event.
The following people were arrested on 3rd avenue and Madison Street:
* 66-year-old Margaret Ann Zebroski was arrested for Disorderly Conduct in the Second Degree.
* 42-year-old Heather Grace White was arrested for Disorderly Conduct in the Second Degree.
* 31-year-old David Johnathan Carlson was arrested for Disorderly Conduct in the Second Degree.
* 38-year-old Charles Ernest Stubbs was arrested for Disorderly Conduct in the Second Degree.
* 37-year-old John Doe (booked as Quanice Hayes) was arrested for Disorderly Conduct in the Second Degree, Resist Arrest and Furnishing False Information to Police.
* Two 16-year-old females and a 17-year-old female received traffic citations.
Arrested at Southwest 6th Avenue and Salmon Street:
* 34-year-old Lucy Elizabeth Smith was arrested for Disorderly Conduct in the Second Degree.
* 33-year-old Rebecca Smith-White was arrested for Disorderly Conduct in the Second Degree.
* 14, 16 and 17 year old males received traffic citations.
- Portland Police Release Personal Photos From Stolen Camera
- Portland Police Reach Out to Sexual Assault Victims With Video Promoting the Rose Project
- Portland Police Providing Extra Patrols Near Houses of Worship
- Portland Police Release Photos of Stabbing Suspect
- Portland Police Release Video of Robbery, Assault at Southeast Portland Bar
- Portland Police Search for Northside Homicide Suspect
- Portland Police Respond to 4 Suicide Calls; None Result in Deaths
- Portland Police Resist Medical Examiner’s Involvement in Officer-Involved Shooting Investigations
- Portland Police Officer Injured Responding to Disturbance Call
- Portland Police Officer Assaulted While Arresting Flasher
- Portland Police Investigating Lewis and Clark Assault As A Hate Crime
- Portland Police Identify Victim & Suspect in Fatal Gentleman’s Club Stabbing
- Portland Police Dog Finds 15 Pounds of Methamphetamine —Valued Between $150k and $240K
- Portland Police Investigating Multiple Overnight Shootings
- Portland Police Investigating North Portland Shooting
- Portland Police Officer Arrested for DUI After Crash
- Portland Police Make 5 Arrests, Seize 4 Guns in Brentwood Park
- Portland Police Searching for Gunman Who Shot Moving Truck
- Portland Police Searching for Missing 2-Year-Old Boy
- Social Media: Protesters Clash With Portland Police
- Report Calls For 21 Changes in Wake of Portland Police Shootings, In-Custody Deaths
- Possible Murder in Lent’s Neighborhood Being Investigated by Portland Police
- Tensions Persist Between Portland Police and the African-American Community
- Updated: Portland Police Chase Car of Washington Murder Suspect, Lose Him
- UPDATED: Portland Police Search for Missing 10-Year-Old Boy
- UPDATED: Portland Police Make Arrest in High School Shooting Case
- Portland Police Warn of Active Phone Scam in Portland
- Portland Police to Host Prescription Drug Turn in Event on April 30
- Portland Police Seek Public’s Help Finding Victims of Sex Offender
- Portland Police Seek Help in Unsolved Homicide Case
- Portland Police Seek Help in Finding Old Town Stabbing Suspect
- Portland Police Seize 2 Guns, Make 2 Arrests at Traffic Stop
- Portland Police Shuffling Staff to Tackle Rising Gun Violence
- Portland Police to Allow Public Nudity at World Naked Bike Ride
- Portland Police Sunshine Division To Deliver Thousands of Holiday Food Boxes
- Portland Police Complete ‘No Shave November’
- Portland Police Celebrate New Members and Promotions
- Online Hackers Target Portland Police Officers
- NEW: Portland Police Indict 6 in Connection With 2015 Homicide
- New: Portland Police Department Info Reported with Hacking Team
- Oregon Politics, Who’s Hot and Who’s Not: GMO Recount, Amanda Fritz, Portland Police
- Portland Police ‘Use of Force’ Incidents Down by 50 Percent
- Portland Police Arrest 42 During “Operation Safe Holidays”
- Portland Police Arrest 10 Men for Sex Trafficking Sting
- Portland Police 19-Year-Old for September Shooting of Marquis Taylor
- NEW: #DontShootPDX to protest Portland Police Association for NYPD Shooting Statement
- New Portland Police Standards for Rape Kit Testing Part of Effort to End Backlog
- Car Smashes into Portland Police Bureau Cruiser
- BREAKING: Portland Police Chief Mike Reese Announces Retirement
- Auditors Recommend Portland Police Survey Mental Health Patients