Gresham Police Warn of Man Posing as Utility Worker
Tuesday, May 09, 2017
Utility companies have been able to determine it was not any of their employees or contractor workers so they called the police.
Residents have reported these incidents to local utility companies five times but there may be more unreported incidences.
Residents near the intersection of Northwest Division street and Northwest Mawrcrest drive as well as residents of an apartment complex in the 2700 block of West Powell boulevard say a man knocked on their doors as late as 9 p.m. at night between April 13 and April 28 claiming to work for a utility company and asking the residents if he could come in and check their services.
The man had no identifying company uniform or identification badge and no suspicious cars have been seen during any of the incidents. None of the residents allowed the man to come into their homes, but the motivation of the unknown man to try to enter homes is unknown.
Utility companies say it's rare for a worker to contact homeowners unannounced, especially late at night, so if someone comes to your door purporting to be from a business or company, make sure you ask for a photo identification and look for a vehicle with a matching logo on it. If the person still seems suspicious or refuses to give you information, call police with a description of the person.
If you have had a similar experience and you have a description of the man or if there was a car associated with him, call the Gresham Police Department Tip Line at 503-618-2719 or toll free at 1-888-989-3505; callers can remain anonymous.
- Portland Police Release Personal Photos From Stolen Camera
- Portland Police Reach Out to Sexual Assault Victims With Video Promoting the Rose Project
- Portland Police Providing Extra Patrols Near Houses of Worship
- Portland Police Release Photos of Stabbing Suspect
- Portland Police Release Video of Robbery, Assault at Southeast Portland Bar
- Portland Police Search for Northside Homicide Suspect
- Portland Police Respond to 4 Suicide Calls; None Result in Deaths
- Portland Police Resist Medical Examiner’s Involvement in Officer-Involved Shooting Investigations
- Portland Police Officer Injured Responding to Disturbance Call
- Portland Police Officer Assaulted While Arresting Flasher
- Portland Police Investigating Lewis and Clark Assault As A Hate Crime
- Portland Police Identify Victim & Suspect in Fatal Gentleman’s Club Stabbing
- Portland Police Dog Finds 15 Pounds of Methamphetamine —Valued Between $150k and $240K
- Portland Police Investigating Multiple Overnight Shootings
- Portland Police Investigating North Portland Shooting
- Portland Police Officer Arrested for DUI After Crash
- Portland Police Make 5 Arrests, Seize 4 Guns in Brentwood Park
- Portland Police Searching for Gunman Who Shot Moving Truck
- Portland Police Searching for Missing 2-Year-Old Boy
- Report Calls For 21 Changes in Wake of Portland Police Shootings, In-Custody Deaths
- Possible Murder in Lent’s Neighborhood Being Investigated by Portland Police
- Portland Police Warn of Active Phone Scam in Portland
- Social Media: Protesters Clash With Portland Police
- Tensions Persist Between Portland Police and the African-American Community
- UPDATED: Portland Police Search for Missing 10-Year-Old Boy
- UPDATED: Portland Police Make Arrest in High School Shooting Case
- Updated: Portland Police Chase Car of Washington Murder Suspect, Lose Him
- Portland Police to Host Prescription Drug Turn in Event on April 30
- Portland Police to Allow Public Nudity at World Naked Bike Ride