Man Arrested in Connection to Fatal Hit & Run Crash in Portland
Saturday, March 11, 2017
Israel Aldana-Sanchez, 23, turned himself into police at 4:45 a.m. on Friday morning and has been charged with criminally negligent homicide and failure to perform the duties of a driver (Hit and Run).
The victim has been identified as a 37-year-old man. His name will be released after his family is located and notified.
On Thursday March 9, at 11:19 p.m., East Precinct responded to the report of a pedestrian struck by a driver at Southeast 148th Avenue and Stark Street. The 9-1-1 caller reported that the driver fled the area in a dark-colored vehicle, last seen southbound on 148th Avenue.
Officers and medical personnel arrived and located a pedestrian deceased at the scene and evidence of a vehicle collision.
- Portland Police Bureau Warns of Tax-Season Scams
- Portland Police Celebrate New Members and Promotions
- Portland Police Complete ‘No Shave November’
- Portland Police Dog Finds 15 Pounds of Methamphetamine —Valued Between $150k and $240K
- Portland Police Bureau Tells Residents to Use a Designated Driver
- Portland Police Bureau Cancels 2016 Youth Summer Camp
- Portland Police Bureau Hosts First of 3 Body-Camera Forums
- Portland Police Bureau Seeks Input From Community
- Portland Police Bureau Seeks Input on Directives
- Portland Police Identify Victim & Suspect in Fatal Gentleman’s Club Stabbing
- Portland Police Investigating Lewis and Clark Assault As A Hate Crime
- Portland Police Providing Extra Patrols Near Houses of Worship
- Portland Police Reach Out to Sexual Assault Victims With Video Promoting the Rose Project
- Portland Police Release Personal Photos From Stolen Camera
- Portland Police Release Photos of Stabbing Suspect
- Portland Police Officer Injured Responding to Disturbance Call
- Portland Police Officer Assaulted While Arresting Flasher
- Portland Police Investigating Multiple Overnight Shootings
- Portland Police Investigating North Portland Shooting