Man Arrested in Connection With June 2016 Kidnapping & Attempted Rape
Friday, March 17, 2017
David Abraham Marcus, 27, was booked into the Multnomah County Jail early Friday morning on charges of Kidnap in the First Degree and Attempted Rape in the First Degree.
This investigation started on June 22, 2016, at 12:20 a.m., when Central Precinct officers responded to Southeast 27th Avenue and Bybee Boulevard on the report of an attempted abduction.
Officers arrived and spoke with the 22-year-old woman who told police that she was walking home from the QFC grocery store at Southeast Milwaukie Avenue and Duke Street. The victim told police that she was walking eastbound on Bybee Boulevard and was approaching 27th Avenue when an unknown man came up behind her, grabbed her in a bear hug and started pulling her towards the Eastmoreland Golf Course parking lot. The victim told police that the suspect continued to pull her towards the back of a car and tried to push her inside.
The victim told police that she fought and screamed and was able to break away from the suspect and run. The victim told police that she ran to a nearby house and asked them to call 9-1-1. The victim did not require medical attention at the scene.
The victim described the suspect as a white, Hispanic or mixed-race male in his 30s, oval-faced, no facial hair, approximately 6'00" tall, thick build, thick fingers, wearing a black hooded sweatshirt, possibly wearing blue jeans, and unknown style work boots. The victim described the vehicle as a newer SUV, with a split-opening style tailgate, with the glass pulling up and the tailgate pulling down.
Detectives conducted extensive investigation but did not immediately develop any leads.
This week, new information was developed leading to the identification and arrest of Marcus.
- Portland Police Release Personal Photos From Stolen Camera
- Portland Police Reach Out to Sexual Assault Victims With Video Promoting the Rose Project
- Portland Police Providing Extra Patrols Near Houses of Worship
- Portland Police Release Photos of Stabbing Suspect
- Portland Police Release Video of Robbery, Assault at Southeast Portland Bar
- Portland Police Search for Northside Homicide Suspect
- Portland Police Respond to 4 Suicide Calls; None Result in Deaths
- Portland Police Resist Medical Examiner’s Involvement in Officer-Involved Shooting Investigations
- Portland Police Officer Injured Responding to Disturbance Call
- Portland Police Officer Assaulted While Arresting Flasher
- Portland Police Investigating Lewis and Clark Assault As A Hate Crime
- Portland Police Identify Victim & Suspect in Fatal Gentleman’s Club Stabbing
- Portland Police Dog Finds 15 Pounds of Methamphetamine —Valued Between $150k and $240K
- Portland Police Investigating Multiple Overnight Shootings
- Portland Police Investigating North Portland Shooting
- Portland Police Officer Arrested for DUI After Crash
- Portland Police Make 5 Arrests, Seize 4 Guns in Brentwood Park
- Portland Police Searching for Gunman Who Shot Moving Truck
- Portland Police Searching for Missing 2-Year-Old Boy
- Report Calls For 21 Changes in Wake of Portland Police Shootings, In-Custody Deaths
- Possible Murder in Lent’s Neighborhood Being Investigated by Portland Police
- Portland Police Warn of Active Phone Scam in Portland
- Social Media: Protesters Clash With Portland Police
- Tensions Persist Between Portland Police and the African-American Community
- UPDATED: Portland Police Search for Missing 10-Year-Old Boy
- UPDATED: Portland Police Make Arrest in High School Shooting Case
- Updated: Portland Police Chase Car of Washington Murder Suspect, Lose Him
- Portland Police to Host Prescription Drug Turn in Event on April 30
- Portland Police to Allow Public Nudity at World Naked Bike Ride
- Portland Police Seek Public’s Help Finding Victims of Sex Offender