Oregon Ranks 3rd Worst in Country for Military Retirees
Monday, May 23, 2016
Oregon ranks 47th economic environment, 47th in quality of life and 29th in health care.
Directly in front of Oregon is Indiana and the District of Columbia at 48 and 47 respectively.
The number one state for military retirees is Alaska, while South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming and Florida round out the top 5.
See where the rest of the states rank in the map below.
In order to determine the best and worst states for military retirees, WalletHub analysts compared the 50 states as well as the District of Columbia across three key areas including economic environment, quality of life and health care.
WalletHub then identified 20 relevant metrics and gave them a value between 0 and 100, with 100 being the most favorable conditions.
WalletHub then calculated the overall score for each state using the weighted average across all metrics and ranked the states accordingly.
- Oregon Ranks No. 2 For ‘Tax Fairness’
- Oregon Ranks Near the Bottom for Women’s Equality Issues
- Oregon Ranks Poorly for Doctors
- The Drunkest States in America: See Where Oregon Ranks
- Why Oregon Ranks 36th for School Funding
- Oregon Ranks in Top 5 for Highest Gas Prices
- Oregon Ranks in the Top 10 States With the Richest People
- Oregon Ranks 44th in U.S. for Online College Students
- Oregon Ranks 15th in the Nation for Raising Black Children
- Oregon Ranks Among Best for Entrepreneurs
- NEW: Oregon Ranks as 4th Most Charitable State in Country