Oregon State Police Officer Injured After Being Hit by Impaired Driver
Thursday, February 25, 2016
This comes after Laddusaw crashed into an Oregon State Police car on highway 101, injuring officer Dean Trent. Trent was taken to Curry General Hospital where he was treated for a head injury and released.
Officer Trent was assisting a disabled commercial vehicle on the highway and positioned his patrol car behind the truck with his emergency lights activated to divert traffic around the hazard.
Both vehicle came to rest on the roadway after the crash.
Alcohol and speed are considered the primary contributing to the crash. This is the second crash involving a marked OSP patrol car in a little over 24 hours.
- Oregon State Police Search for Elk Poacher
- Oregon State Police Recruits New Troopers
- Oregon State Police Arrest 3 for Kidnapping & Other Charges
- Portland Police Bureau Seeks Input From Community
- Portland Police Bureau Seeks Input on Directives
- Portland Police Bureau Tells Residents to Use a Designated Driver
- Portland Police Bureau Hosts First of 3 Body-Camera Forums
- Portland Police Bureau Cancels 2016 Youth Summer Camp
- Portland Police Ask for Public’s Help in ID’ing Halloween Bank Robber
- Portland Police Bureau Warns of Tax-Season Scams
- Portland Police Officer Assaulted While Arresting Flasher
- Portland Police Providing Extra Patrols Near Houses of Worship
- Portland Police Investigating North Portland Shooting
- Portland Police Investigating Lewis and Clark Assault As A Hate Crime
- Portland Police Celebrate New Members and Promotions
- Portland Police Complete ‘No Shave November’
- Portland Police Arrests Multiple Suspects After Armed Standoff
- Portland Police Arrest Public Masturbator
- Police Say Portland Woman was the Driver in Vegas Strip Crash
- Police Seek Help Identifying Tattooed Rape Suspect
- Police Respond to “Swatting” Incident in Forest Grove
- Police Request Public’s Help in Locating Hit and Run Suspect
- Police Investigating Death of Newborn in Southeast Portland
- Police Seek Van of Murdered Woman, 70