The 20 Safest Cities in Oregon - See the List
Tuesday, October 17, 2017
Hubbard reported zero violent crimes and only 30 total property crimes.
Safety in Oregon Overall
Over 50% of Oregon’s safest cities experienced fewer than 140 property crimes, with 90% reporting fewer than forty-five burglaries.
In addition, seventeen cities kept motor vehicle thefts below twenty-five incidents, and 85% reported fewer than three counts or fewer of arson.
“Whether you live on the breathtaking coast or among its fertile farmlands, Oregon is an exceptional place to call home. The cherry on top is the peace of mind that comes from living in a state with such a low violent crime rate. Overall, the Beaver State ranks fourteenth nationwide for low violent crime,” said Safewise.
To identify the 20 safest cities in Oregon, Safewise reviewed the most recent FBI Crime Report statistics from 2015, along with population data. They eliminated all cities with fewer than 3,000 residents as well as any cities that failed to submit a complete crime report to the FBI.
From there, Safewise evaluated the remaining cities.
They narrowed it down based on the number of reported violent crimes (aggravated assault, murder, rape, and robbery) and property crimes (burglary, arson, larceny-theft, and motor vehicle theft) in each city.
They then calculated the likelihood of these crimes occurring out of 1,000 people in each city.
See the Safest Cities in the Slideshow Below
Related Slideshow: The 20 Safest Cities in Oregon — 2017
- Oregon’s Most Violent Cities and Towns: New FBI Crime Data
- Oregon State Police Employee Stole Substances From 2 Crime Labs
- Mum’s the Word: 3 Ways to End Mom on Mom Crime
- Man Arrested for Rape & Other Sex Crimes Involving 13-Year-Old Girl
- Police: Man Arrested at PSU For Sex Crime After Breaking into Woman’s Hotel Room
- Portland Crime Problems: Data Helps Fight the Dangerous Trends
- Terry Bean, Arrested for Sex Crimes, is One of America’s Top Democratic Fundraisers
- Scott Bruun: Hate Crimes and the Big Red O
- Portland Police Investigating Lewis and Clark Assault As A Hate Crime
- Looking at Hate Crimes Across the United States
- Former Police Officer, Convicted of Sex Crimes, Sues Christian Rehab Organization
- Burglar Arrested for Sex Crime and Two Break-Ins
- A Breakdown of Hate Crimes in the United States
- 10 Oregon Towns with the Most Hate Crimes in 2013
- 10 Oregon Colleges With The Most Reported Crime
- Crime Trends in Portland - Good News and Bad News
- FBI Releases Oregon Hate Crime Data for 2014
- Former Oregon Anti-Gay Activist Loses “Crimes Against Humanity” Appeal
- Former Lover of Terry Bean, Kiah Lawson, Arrested for Sex Crimes
- Former Gov. Roberts Defended Bean Before His Arrest for Sex Crimes
- 10 Oregon Cities and Towns with the Most Hate Crimes in 2014