Two Arrested in Connection With September Shooting
Saturday, October 31, 2015
Angelo Massey, 29, and his girlfriend, Sadie Errend, 18, were arrested in Vancouver, Washington with assistance of the Vancouver Police Department and Clark County Swat. A firearm was seized during the arrest and a search warrant was served at the pair’s Vancouver residence.
The investigation started at roughly 10:45 PM on September 12, when North Precinct officers responded to the report of gunfire in the area of Northeast 53rd Avenue and Killingsworth Street.
Officers arrived on the scene and contacted the victims, who reported there was an argument in a parking lot that led to the shooting. There were no injuries in the shooting.
Massey and Errend ere booked into the Clark County Jail and are now awaiting extradition to Oregon. Anyone with information about gun crimes in the City of Portland is encouraged to provide information to the Portland Police Bureau's Tactical Operations Division at 503-823-4106 or email information to [email protected].
Related Slideshow: 10 Facts About Oregon Gun Laws
Governor Kate Brown signed a bill into law in May that requires requiring background checks on private gun sales, according to Guns and Ammo Magazine.
"We have an obligation to protect Oregonians from gun violence," Brown said. "If we want to keep our kids, schools and communities safe, we must make it harder for dangerous people to get guns."
According to the National Rifle Association's website, concealed carry of firearms is allowed in Oregon if the carrier has been issued a permit.
To get a concealed carry permit apply at your local sheriff's office, pass a background check, prove you're at least 21, demonstrate that you're competent with the weapon and you're good to walk around strapped.
Loaded Guns in Public
According to a description of Oregon gun laws on the NRA website, it is unlawful to possess a loaded firearm in a public building, which includes hospitals, capitol buildings, schools, colleges, courthouses or city hall. Exceptions are made if you have a concealed carry permit.
- Scott Bruun: Kitzhaber - A Smoking Gun Four Decades in the Making
- Senator Chuck Riley Equates Gun Control Laws with Slavery: “Right for the Time”
- Scott Bruun: Gun Laws, Politics, and Hearts of Darkness
- Recent Surge in Gun Violence Tied to Portland Youth
- Prohibited Firearm Users Amass Weapons from Oregon Online Gun Market
- PSU Students Protest Giving Guns to Campus Police
- Spotted in Portland: Breaking Bad’s Anna Gunn
- These Are the States with the Most Gun Violence
- Washington County Sheriffs Speak Out Against Gun Themed iPhone Cases
- What Will Happen Next in Oregon on Gun Control?
- UPDATED: Murdered Ex-Wife Suffered Wounds from Gun, Arrows
- Top Chef Boston: Day One And You Have a Gun To Your Head
- Three Arrested for Firing Gun at Bend Middle School
- Portland Police Shuffling Staff to Tackle Rising Gun Violence
- Portland Police Arrest 5, Seize 3 Guns
- Fecteau: Until We Act on Gun Violence, Expect More Ungodly Death
- Four-Year-Old Shoots Finger with Handgun in Gresham
- Corvallis Teen Shoots Man with Pellet Gun in Marijuana Robbery
- Aloha Man Shot and Killed After Pointing Gun At Deputies
- 64,000 People With Concealed Handgun Permits in Metro Portland Counties
- In Plain Sight: Inside Gun Stores
- Man Carrying Gun Gets Weapon Stolen at Gunpoint
- Portland High School Shooting: Ceasfire Oregon to Hold Gunfire Violence Call to Action TONIGHT
- Oregon Black Friday Gun Sales Stress Background Check System
- Obama Talks Terrorism vs. Gun Violence
- NEW: Obama Calls for “Common Sense” Gun Control After Oregon Shooting
- 10 Facts About Oregon Gun Laws