Woman Arrested for Stealing a Dog
Wednesday, December 02, 2015
Shortly after 1:30 PM on Monday, Sheriff’s Deputies were called to the possible location of a stolen Australian Shepard dog named Pippin in the 18400 block of SW Parrett Mountain Road in Sherwood. The dog was reported stolen from in front of a store in Beaverton on December 14 of 2014.
Police went to the home of Penelope Whipple, 64, and found that she matched the description of the person that stole the dog. Police saw a dog that matched the description of Pippin.
Pippin was taken to the Banfield Pet Hospital where they confirmed the dog’s identity through a computer chip implanted in the dog. Pippin’s owner picked the dog up and was planning on surprising her children with a reunion with their newly-found canine companion.
Whipple was arrested and booked into Washington County Jail and charged with theft of a companion animal.
- Tour de Lab Bike Marathon Ignites Local Dog Lovers and Puns
- Tour de Lab: Portland’s Quirky Gone-to-the-Dogs Ride for a Cause
- Vancouver Becomes Doggy Wonderland This Weekend
- Who’s Hot and Who’s Not in Oregon Politics: Steve Novick, Reservoir Dogs, Working Class Oregonians
- Pooches Make A Splash At Doggie Paddle
- Fleeing Suspect Nearly Strangles Salem Police Dog
- History of Insider Dealings Dogs Alberta St. Developer
- New Portland Restaurant Hop Dog Gives Free Dogs for Hot Dog Day
- 5 Things To Do During A Dog Attack