Fecteau: The Dumb & Dumber Approach to Healthcare
Thursday, July 20, 2017
The GOP’s approach to health care seems dumb and dumber by the minute. The GOP seems to be bordering on obsessed with repealing Obamacare without any thought of those that will lose their coverage. This is heartless and cruel, but considering the GOP’s track record thus far; no one should be surprised.
Republican President Donald Trump via Twitter has said he would like to let Obamacare collapse, and then work on a new plan to replace Obamacare – even dumber. This would leave millions of Americans in limbo, and create more uncertainty.
The Republicans have so demonized Obamacare since its implementation that it has backed itself into a corner. The GOP has to continue on this path or face a massive backlash from the voters that believe Obamacare is a stepping stone to bigger government, but if the GOP repeal and/or replace it, the Republicans may also feel repercussions from those being stripped of their health care – not an easy choice to make.
While Obamacare has some serious flaws, the law has expanded health care coverage to millions, and it should be improved, not scrapped; this is common sense. The law has some deficiencies, and those deficiencies should be addressed to reduce the cost associated with Obamacare, but it doesn’t need to be replaced or even repealed. Simple modifications to the law would lessen the financial burden placed on regular Americans. That is something the GOP refuses to discuss or explore.
Obamacare addressed serious healthcare shortfalls the status quo simply did not, but tell that to the GOP. All American voters should take notice of this reckless approach to their health care for this is something that should be a consideration next time they vote at the ballot box.
Healthcare is something that shouldn’t be toyed with for cheap political points. Yet, in today’s toxically partisan political world, everything is on the table, including American lives.
- Fecteau: Trump’s House of Cards: Season One
- Fecteau: Trump’s Miscalculation On the Comey Firing
- Fecteau: Trump’s Embarrassing First-100 Days
- Fecteau: Trump’s Big Business Boondoggle
- Fecteau: The Futile Anti-Trump Protests
- Fecteau: Trump’s a Nuclear Nihilist
- Fecteau: Trump’s Revenge
- Fecteau: Trump’s Terrifyingly Twisted Tweets
- Fecteau: Will Trump’s Tax Reform Plan be Another Epic Fail?
- Matt Fecteau: Dear Trump Supporters, This isn’t a Reality TV Show
- Fecteau: What is Going on Between Trump and Russia?
- Fecteau: Until We Act on Gun Violence, Expect More Ungodly Death
- Fecteau: Trump’s Toxic Reversal on Climate Change
- Fecteau: Trump’s War Power; U.S. Military Operations in Syria Are Constitutional
- Fecteau: That Red Line in Syria
- Fecteau: Terror and Response
- Fecteau: Climate Change and Trump
- Fecteau: Clinton Should Participate in a Recount
- Fecteau: Chafee’s Wrong on Russia
- Fecteau: An Embargo Against North Korea
- Fecteau: A Somber Silver Lining in London
- Fecteau: Adiós Cuba
- Fecteau: Congress is Missing in Action on the War in Syria
- Fecteau: Dire Choices on Syria
- Fecteau: Obama Made the Right Call on the Israeli Settlements
- Fecteau: Obama Strikes Back, but Too Little, too Late?
- Fecteau: Is Obama or Bush to blame for the Rise of Islamic State?
- Fecteau: Honor Our Fallen Heroes on Memorial Day
- Fecteau: Healthcare Bill from Hell
- Fecteau: A Responsibility to Protect in Syria