slides: Who Won the Republican Debate? The Experts Weigh-In
Thursday, September 17, 2015
SEE SLIDES BELOW: Who Won the Republican Debate?
The candidates included: Donald Trump, Ben Carson, Jeb Bush, Ted Cruz, Scott Walker, Marco Rubio, Mike Huckabee, Carly Fiorina, John Kasich, Rand Paul, and Chris Christie.
Following the lively debate, GoLocalPDX reached out to the area's political experts and asked them: Who won the debate?
Read their responses in the slides below.
Related Slideshow: Who Won the Republican Debate?
Political and Communications Director, State Street Solutions
Carly Fiorina. I think she spoke the most sincerely.
She answered questions as if there was no one else on the stage with her, which is how politicians should act when discussing these issues. I think you will certainly see a spike her poll numbers as a result of this debate.
Chairman, Oregon Republican Party
In a way, I think they all did.
I think the content was much improved from the first debate. It gave voters a chance to see the differences between them. They may come from the same base, but they showed they have different ways of making decisions.
Republican Candidate for Governor of Oregon
He speaks so plainly. You can’t help but notice the difference between the clarity of his points against the flowery prose we get from people who hold office. That's clearly been very attractive to voters.
With the country bedeviled by problems I think when people here that political language, its really a turn off.
- Reframing the Measles Vaccine Debate
- Horowitz: 5 Things to Watch at Tomorrow Night’s Republican Presidential Debate
- Efforts to Restart Televised Debate Between Merkley, Wehby Stall
- Trump Has Early Lead in Oregon—But Will It Last?
- What do Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump Have in Common?
- Jencunas: Trump - What the Clown Show Means for the Election
- Donald Trump Announces Run For U.S. President in 2016
- Donald Trump Announces Allegiance to Republican Party
- Donald Trump and Immigration in the United States
- Senate Republican Leader Calls on Gov. to Invest in Rural and Suburban Startups
- Senate Republicans Target Kitzhaber Consultants With Public Records Request
- Why Republican Bruce Starr is Out of Step With his Voters
- Republicans Call for State Investigation Into Kitzhaber’s Office
- Dear Robin: I Can’t Believe I Might Be Falling in Love With A Republican!