An Apology To The Seattle Seahawks
Monday, February 05, 2018
I’m sorry, Seattle Seahawks.
I’m sorry I was so hard on you the whole season because I wanted more wins and had gotten used to success. The last time the Seahawks were this bad they were a repeat 7-9 team that had a lot of potential. Now they are a team that has won at least ten games every year for five of the past six seasons, with this year being the under ten-win year.
You were Seattle’s team and brought the city together with two consecutive Super Bowls and with how you inspired us.
I’m sorry I yelled at Jimmy Graham too much. I just believe in his talent and thought he underperformed in some areas of his game. I’m sorry for this overreaction and this one too.
I’m sorry I got so used to us pulling victory from the jaws of defeat. I shouldn’t always expect that, but I get caught up as a fan. I yell at the TV if I thought you missed a play or could’ve done something better. It is just because I care and I have no power over any of you, it makes me anxious.
I’m sorry the result of this game every Sunday affects my mood. You guys just inspire me. There are so many players that I feel loyalty to because they speak their mind and are open about themselves. I’m sorry for blaming referees and coaches for losses.
I’m sorry I got mad every time you handed the ball off to Eddie Lacy on an outside zone run.
I’m sorry I got mad at Germain Ifedi all the time. You aren’t bad, you just get caught a lot of the time with penalties.
I fell in love with the Seahawks when I moved to Seattle in 2003. We got our cable hooked up and caught the Seahawks vs. Packers playoff game as soon as it got into overtime. I heard Matt Hasselbeck say, “We want the ball and we’re gonna score.” And I loved it, I was an instant convert despite how that game ended. That is the kind of team I want to get behind, one with fire and enthusiasm and confidence.
Pete Carroll and John Schneider helped bring that competitive fire back and for that I am thankful. I’m sorry I get mad at how Carroll sometimes seems to take things to easy and I’m sorry I get mad that Schneider doesn’t find a Richard Sherman and Kam Chancellor in every draft. I’m sorry I think Carroll can be too loyal to coaches sometimes. You guys turned the franchise around after a few down years.
Russell Wilson, I am sorry I start yelling at you every time you break the pocket before you absolutely need to. You know how to do your job and don’t need help from me, plus I’m at home yelling at the television. I just see something click in the second half and especially the fourth quarter where you can be absolutely unstoppable. Is it the gameplam? Is it the coaching? Is it the defense? Or is it you? You are an enigma, although a rather optimistic enigma.
Michael Bennett, I love you man but just don’t jump off-sides so much, but keep leading the team and speaking out on social issues.
Bobby Wagner. I’m sorry I got mad when you played injured this year, I know how hard it is to stay off the field. I am sorry you might not win Defensive Player of the Year when you clearly deserve it for being a wrecking ball for any offense’s gameplan.
I am sorry I get so attached to everything. That was a tough year, at different points of the year the defense was missing Richard Sherman, Kam Chancellor, Earl Thomas, Bobby Wagner, K.J. Wright, Cliff Avril, Jarran Reed and Sheldon Richardson. All of them starters and several of them are former All-Pros, that is a tremendous setback for what is the strength of this team.
I am looking forward to seeing how the offseason turns out and expect the Seahawks to try and go 1-0 every day. Even when I watch the draft and inevitably see them trade their first-round pick after I’ve watched for hours just to see who they pick. Go Hawks!
I’m not sorry for anything I said about Blair Walsh.
One Big Hawks Fan
- Seattle Seahawks To Russell Wilson: Here’s To Four More Years
- Seattle Seahawks Shut Out Chicago Bears for First Win of the Season
- Seattle Seahawks Season Review And Awards - What Lies Ahead In 2016
- Seattle Seahawks Salary Cap
- Seattle Seahawks-The Titantic Wake of Scott McCloughan
- Seattle Seahawks: 2015 Final Act
- Seattle Seahawks: Opportunity – And Brutally Cold Weather Await In Minnesota
- Seattle Seahawks: Looming Showdown With Arizona Will Make Or Break Their Season
- Seattle Seahawks: Keys To Victory And A Brutally Cold Playoff History
- Seattle Seahawks Offensive Line - Out with the Young, In with the Old
- Seattle Seahawks Draftland: Where the First Round Doesn’t Matter
- Seattle Seahawks Back-up Defense Showcase Talent in Preseason Games
- Seattle Seahawks are a Team in Transition
- Seattle Seahawks - The Winter of Our Discontent
- Seattle Seahawks Face Criticism Over Draft Pick
- Seattle Seahawks Free Agent Targets: Defensive Ends
- Seattle Seahawks Loss Only Makes Them More Likable—It’s An Unwritten Rule In Sports
- Seattle Seahawks Lose Game In Overtime to Cincinnati Bengals
- Seattle Seahawks In Search Of Toughness
- Seattle Seahawks Marshawn Lynch Finally Receives $75k Media Fine
- Seattle Seahawks—You Will be Great Again in 2017 Here’s Why
- Spotted In Portland: Seattle Seahawks’ Richard Sherman
- What’s Different About The Seattle Seahawks’ 2018 Offseason?
- WATCH: Seahawks’ Kam Chancellor Forces Game-Saving Fumble
- Training Camp is a Must Go for Seattle Seahawks Fans