How Does Doug Baldwin Stay Underrated?
Sunday, May 13, 2018
Baldwin has used being underrated as motivation to up his game. Ever since he was undrafted out of college he has played with the cliched chip on his shoulder. I remember when Cris Carter called him a pedestrian receiver and Baldwin threw it back at him after he won a Super Bowl. Baldwin does not forget and he continues to improve. Pro Football Focus just tweeted that since 2015 he has had arguably the best hands in the game. Baldwin has a drop rate of 2.76% on catchable balls, which is almost half a percent better than Larry Fitzgerald who is known for his incredible hands. This past season Baldwin dropped a single catchable pass on 117 targets.
Baldwin also scores touchdowns at a high rate. Before 2015 he had never scored more than 5 touchdowns in a season, but since then he’s gone three straight years of at least seven touchdowns. Russell Wilson knows how to get the ball to his favorite receiver, that’s for sure.
This connection can make people underrate Baldwin. There are many people who write off the Seahawks’ passing attack because they believe it is bad. Over the last three years Seattle has ranked 20th, 10th and 14th in season passing yards and the 20th place came when the Seahawks had the 4th best offense in the NFL, and Baldwin led the league in receiving touchdowns. So, to say they have been bad at throwing the ball or downgrading the players in the offense is stupid.
Doug Baldwin also has great feet, his routes are precise and he moves so well after the catch that he is a threat to score whenever he has the ball. This season is going to be filled with a lot of Russ to Doug plays that bring the crowd to their feet. Go to YouTube and check out some of his route running ability, he leaves defenders looking helpless. He has a jab step that he uses that reminds me of an Allen Iverson crossover, just deadly.
In conclusion, Baldwin is one of the best receivers in the NFL and he is always too low on people’s lists. That needs to change.
- Seattle Seahawks To Russell Wilson: Here’s To Four More Years
- Seattle Seahawks Shut Out Chicago Bears for First Win of the Season
- Seattle Seahawks Season Review And Awards - What Lies Ahead In 2016
- Seattle Seahawks Salary Cap
- Seattle Seahawks-The Titantic Wake of Scott McCloughan
- Seattle Seahawks: 2015 Final Act
- Seattle Seahawks—You Will be Great Again in 2017 Here’s Why
- Seattle Seahawks: Opportunity – And Brutally Cold Weather Await In Minnesota
- Seattle Seahawks: Looming Showdown With Arizona Will Make Or Break Their Season
- Seattle Seahawks: Keys To Victory And A Brutally Cold Playoff History
- Seattle Seahawks Offensive Line - Out with the Young, In with the Old
- Seattle Seahawks Marshawn Lynch Finally Receives $75k Media Fine
- Seattle Seahawks Draftland: Where the First Round Doesn’t Matter
- Seattle Seahawks Back-up Defense Showcase Talent in Preseason Games
- Seattle Seahawks are a Team in Transition
- Seattle Seahawks - The Winter of Our Discontent
- Seattle Seahawks Face Criticism Over Draft Pick
- Seattle Seahawks Free Agent Targets: Defensive Ends