Inside The Matchup: 2017 NCAA Final Four
Monday, March 27, 2017
This year’s Final Four features three teams that have never been there before in South Carolina, Oregon, and Gonzaga as well as college basketball power North Carolina.
The Final Four is set to take place on Saturday, April 1 in Arizona.
Getting to the Final Four
The Oregon Ducks have won a national championship before, back in 1939, but there were only eight teams who made the tournament at that time. The Ducks got a big performance from Tyler Dorsey who poured in 27 points en route to a 74-60 win over top-seeded Kansas on Saturday night.
The most anticipated game of the Elite 8 between Kentucky and North Carolina lived up to expectations. The Tar Heels edged Kentucky 75-73 on a jumper from Luke Maye with 0.3 seconds left in the game. North Carolina advances to their second straight Final Four after losing to Villanova in the title game last year.
Oregon and North Carolina will tip-off at 8:49 p.m.
Gonzaga advanced to the Final Four following a dominant performance over Xavier on Saturday evening. Led by Nigel Williams-Goss who poured in 23 points, the Bulldogs cruised past the Musketeers 83-59.
South Carolina advanced to their first ever Final Four with a 77-70 win over SEC rival Florida on Sunday afternoon at Madison Square Garden in New York. The seventh-seeded Gamecocks were led by Sindarius Thornwell who poured in 26 points and grabbed seven rebounds.
Gonzaga and South Carolina will tip-off at 6:09 p.m.
See how the teams matchup in the charts below.
- OSN Roundtable – Answering The Big 4 Questions About The Final Four
- Inside the Numbers: The NCAA Final Four Teams
- Colleges with the Most Final Four Appearances
- Oregon Ducks Steamrolled in Week 3 Against Utah
- Oregon Ducks Vernon Adams Jr. Ranked 17th Amongst Division I QB’s
- Oregon Ducks QB Vernon Adams Jr. to Return for Saturday’s Game
- Oregon Ducks QB Vernon Adams Jr. To Face Former School in Season Opener
- Oregon Ducks Lose NCAA Football Championship 42-20
- Oregon Ducks Media Day Wrap-up with Mark Helfrich
- Oregon Ducks WR Byron Marshall Likely Out for the Season with Injury
- Portland Spirit Hosts Romance on the High Seas
- Portland Start-up Aims to Cut Student Spending on College Textbooks
- Portland Singer Wows Judges on ‘The Voice’
- Portland Shakespeare Company Offers “The Turn of the Screw”
- Portland Set to Host International Cannabis Business Conference
- Portland Startup NoAppFee.com Launches for Renters in the 21st Century
- Portland Startup Week Kicks Off
- Portland State Student Group Tells President Wiewel: “Comply or Resign”
- Portland State Take a Closer Look at Demonology in Ancient Egypt
- Portland State Considers Tuition Increase
- Portland State Business Accelerator Wins Top Honors for Tech Startups
- Portland State Awarded $24 Million to Help Diverse and Disadvantaged Students
- Portland Second Most Expensive City to Buy Beer and Wine
- Portland Remodel Ideas to Pay Tribute to the Rose City
- Portland Rent Rising By 9 Percent Annually, According to New Report
- Portland Reddit Community Helps Raise $3,000 to Rescue Injured Kitten
- Portland Ranks the Worst for Women in Technology
- Portland Ranks Poorly for Women Owned Businesses