Judge Halts Daily Fantasy Sports Betting in New York
Friday, December 11, 2015
The ruling comes after DraftKings refused to comply with an order to halt business in state from the New York Attorney General. Lawyers for DraftKings filed an appeal minutes after the decision was made.
GoLocal has followed the rise and fall of daily fantasy sports closely, including reports on the NCAA banning daily fantasy sports, a DraftKings employee winnings $350,000 on FanDuel after releasing valuable data, and whether daily fantasy sports may be the next compulsive gambling problem.
GoLocal teamed up with Graphiq for these visualizations showing funding history and investor breakdown by location for DraftKings, as well as profiles for both FanDuel and DraftKings.
- Daily Fantasy Sports Games May Be the Next Compulsive Gambling Problem
- A Married Man’s Guide to Fantasy Football
- The Scarlet Letters: The Problems of Fantastic Sex and No Sex
- The Scarlet Letters: Two-on-One — Fantasy vs. Reality
- Three Fantastic Board Games to Cure Rainy Day Boredom
- What You Need to Know About Final Fantasy VII Remake
- The Scarlet Letters: Fantasy vs. Reality
- Study Finds 93 Percent of Oregon Families Misuse Infant Car Seats
- Beanstalk Hosts Event with Infant Sleep Expert Natalie Willes
- Boom Arts Presents A One-Man Fantasy Play
- College Admissions: Tips for Fantastic College Visits