This Is Going To Be A Different Year For The Seattle Seahawks
Sunday, March 11, 2018
Richard Sherman is gone.
Marshawn Lynch is gone.
Jimmy Graham is most likely gone.
Darrell Bevell and Tom Cable are gone.
Cliff Avril and Kam Chancellor might not play this season, or possibly ever again.
The Seattle Seahawks are going to look different this year. It has been easy to think that they could stay together and perform at an historic level forever. Sadly, this is not the case. One of the hardest things in sports to do is to let go of a beloved player or coach, this is why the Seahawks had tried so hard to keep so many of their biggest contributors. I loved it as a fan, I was emotionally connected to these people that had energized my favorite football team. I want to thank every one of them for the effort, hard work and time they spent making this team what it is today. We never would have made it to two Super Bowls or won all those games without you.
Now, I do not want to get everyone down with this article, so I am going to channel my energy into thinking about what the Seahawks still have.
Bobby Wagner is the best linebacker in the NFL, and is still a Hawk.
Earl Thomas is a Hall of Fame safety, and is still a Hawk.
Russell Wilson is the most dynamic playmaker the Seahawks have ever seen at quarterback, and is still a Hawk.
Pete Carroll and John Schneider have led the franchise to new heights of dominance, and are still with the team.
Doug Baldwin is one of the best receivers in the game right now, and is still a Hawk.
The Seahawks have many things to be optimistic about. The list of quarterbacks that are better than Wilson is very very short list. Most NFL teams wish they could have a quarterback like him. Bobby Wagner could have been a serious Defensive Player of the Year any of the past four years. He is a three-time All-Pro and is still as fast and smart as ever. This is a guy who did not miss a tackle in 2017 until he hurt his hamstring in week 13.
Earl Thomas is the key to the defense. He is more important than anyone right now. Thomas is the middle of our defense, he keeps everything in front of him and is a missile when going for a tackle. Doug Baldwin makes defenders look silly before and after the catch with his silky-smooth moves. Baldwin blocks as well as any other receiver in football, and has such a well-rounded game that he is impossible to cover every play.
I am optimistic about the Seahawks this year. They are a strong team with amazing players at several crucial positions, which is more than half the teams in the NFL can say. This offseason is tumultuous and it is easy to get swept up in the change and immediately call it bad. Seattle is clearing cap room and taking their chances on the NFL Draft which is how they found all these good players in the first place.
So, while I am sad about the people leaving Seattle, I am still glad about the people staying in Seattle.
- Seattle Seahawks Shut Out Chicago Bears for First Win of the Season
- Seattle Seahawks Season Review And Awards - What Lies Ahead In 2016
- Seattle Seahawks Salary Cap
- Seattle Seahawks Offensive Line - Out with the Young, In with the Old
- Seattle Seahawks To Russell Wilson: Here’s To Four More Years
- Seattle Seahawks-The Titantic Wake of Scott McCloughan
- Seattle Seahawks: Looming Showdown With Arizona Will Make Or Break Their Season
- Seattle Seahawks: Keys To Victory And A Brutally Cold Playoff History
- Seattle Seahawks: 2015 Final Act
- Seattle Seahawks Marshawn Lynch Finally Receives $75k Media Fine
- Seattle Seahawks Loss Only Makes Them More Likable—It’s An Unwritten Rule In Sports
- Seattle Seahawks Back-up Defense Showcase Talent in Preseason Games
- Seattle Seahawks are a Team in Transition
- Seattle Seahawks - The Winter of Our Discontent
- Seahawks Vs. Packers: An Improbable Win
- Seattle Seahawks Draftland: Where the First Round Doesn’t Matter
- Seattle Seahawks Face Criticism Over Draft Pick
- Seattle Seahawks Lose Game In Overtime to Cincinnati Bengals
- Seattle Seahawks In Search Of Toughness
- Seattle Seahawks Free Agent Targets: Defensive Ends
- Seattle Seahawks: Opportunity – And Brutally Cold Weather Await In Minnesota
- Seattle Seahawks—You Will be Great Again in 2017 Here’s Why
- What’s Different About The Seattle Seahawks’ 2018 Offseason?
- WATCH: Seahawks’ Kam Chancellor Forces Game-Saving Fumble
- Training Camp is a Must Go for Seattle Seahawks Fans
- Three Things The Seattle Seahawks Are Doing Wrong
- Which Seattle Seahawks Players Belong On The Team’s Mount Rushmore?
- Who Will Be The Next Seattle Seahawks Gunner?
- Will The Seattle Seahawks Pass The Torch On Sunday?