US Economy Adds Roughly 292,000 Jobs in December
Friday, January 08, 2016
The report exceeded expectations and also included revisions to jobs growth in October and November, both of which were increased. The unemployment rate remained unchanged at 5%. For 2015 as a whole, the US economy created 2.7 million new jobs.
GoLocal teamed up with Graphiq to take a closer look at the increase in employment in the United States.
Related Slideshow: Top 10 Cities For Job Growth
Job growth in Portland is up 2.9 percent, making it the 5th top U.S. for job growth, according to a study by Forbes. See which other cities mat the list.
- Portland’s Middle-Income Jobs in Decline, Says Study
- Portland Ranks Among Cities With Most White-Collar Jobs
- Portland is 4th Fastest Growing City for Tech Jobs
- Portlanders Quitting Their Jobs is a Good Sign for the Economy
- The Notorious 8: Jobs We Hate You For Doing
- Why Unemployment and Jobs in Oregon are Both on the Rise
- What Jobs You Would Need to Afford These 25 Portland Neighborhoods
- Port of Portland to Fill 300 Jobs At Job Fair
- Oregon’s 20 Best Jobs That Don’t Require A College Degree
- Jobs and Businesses Boom in Downtown Portland
- NIKE Creates More Than 2,000 Jobs After Tax Deal With Oregon
- NEW: Portland Gets Back Jobs Lost to Recession
- Drone Economy Could Bring Jobs, Investment to Oregon