slides: 10 Free (or Almost Free) Things to do for Mom on Mother’s Day Weekend
Saturday, May 07, 2016
However, there are plenty of free things to do for mom to go along with the big meal and actually save some money this weekend.
To help you out, GoLocal has put together a list of 10 free things to do for mom this weekend.
Happy Mother's Day!
See the Slideshow Below
Video Wall Photo: Elvis Kennedy/flickr
Related Slideshow: 10 Free (or Almost Free) Things to do for Mom on Mother’s Day Weekend
Pick up After Yourself
Let's face it, mom has picked up after you more times then you can probably count.
Toys all over the place, video games all over the place, clothes all over the place. You name it, she has most likely picked it up.
So turn the tables and pick up after yourself, put your stuff away wherever it is supposed to go.
Give Mom a Day Off From Laundry
Doing the laundry for a household of people is a tedious job that can take hours of a day.
Tell mom to take a day off from the laundry and get the rest of the family to team up and do it for a day, maybe the weekend?
Imagine the great day that mom could have if she didn't have the stress of laundry hanging over her head.
PHOTO: H.A.M Phtgrphy/Flickr
Cut the Grass
Don't let mom cut the grass, volunteer to do it instead, actually insist on doing it so she gets time to do what she wants.
Or maybe mom does not cut the grass which means she probably calls a company, another relative or a neighbor to do it and stresses about when they are coming and how much they charge.
Then she has to worry about how it looks and if it's done right.
Give her a break and just do it yourself.
Walk Through Forest Park
Take mom on an adventure through Forest Park.
The Park has over 80 miles of soft-surface trails, fire lanes and forest roads. It stretches for more than seven miles along the eastern slope of the Tualatin Mountains, overlooking Northwest Portland and the convergence of the Columbia and Willamette Rivers.
- New Television Series “Significant Mother” To Be Filmed In Portland
- Mum’s the Word: 4 Ways Motherhood Changes You
- Rules for Fitting Self-Care into Motherhood
- Spotted in Portland: Denise Richards on Local Set of Significant Mother
- Thelma The Sea Otter Wins Zoo Mother Of The Year
- Spotted in Portland: Ziggy Marley at Mother’s Bistro
- Mt. Angel Fire Department Saves Grandmother, Grandson
- Mother’s Schroeder Shares 15 Lessons From 15 Years in Business
- In Praise of Nude Selfies: A Portland Grandmother’s Perspective
- Beach Bones Releases a Mother Nature Inspired Spring/Summer Collection
- Interview: Brian Lindstrom on Mothering Inside and Screening at NW Film Center
- Mother & Child Education Center Hosts Charity Dinner for Mother’s Day
- Mother Teresa to Be Sainted
- 15 Mother’s Day Brunches in Portland