24-Year-Old Woman Arrested on 93 Charges in West Coast Car Crushing Investigation
Thursday, October 16, 2014
Schneider was indicted on 93 charges. The charges included 2 counts of Racketeering, 22 counts of Illegal Salvage, 23 counts of Theft in the First Degree, 23 counts of Unlawful Possession of a Motor Vehicle, and 23 counts of Possession of a Stolen Motor Vehicle.
Schneider will be arraigned on Wednesday.
During this investigation, the Portland Police Bureau and the Multnomah County District Attorney's Office have arrested and/or indicted nearly three dozen people in connection with this investigation.
On April 8, 2014, investigators from the Portland Police Bureau served several search warrants in the Portland Metro area as part of an ongoing, significant auto theft investigation.
Search warrants were served at the following locations:
* 9609 North Columbia Boulevard (A1 Light Truck and Van Parts)
* 9101 North Columbia Boulevard (West Coast Car Crushing)
* 330 North Lotus Isle Drive
* 516 West Fourth Plain Boulevard (Vancouver, WA)
* 514 Northwest 40th Street (Vancouver, WA)