NEW: See What Oregon’s College Basketball Teams are Worth
Thursday, April 02, 2015
Oregon, Oregon State
The Oregon Ducks find themselves inside the top 60 according to the Journal. Oregon has a value of $36,708,000 and brought in $11,274,460 in revenue in 2014.
Oregon State lands at the 69 spot with a value of $32,113,000, just ahead of DePaul and behind Rutgers. According to the Journal, Oregon State brought in $9,895,865 in revenue in 2014.
The Wall Street Journal found that the Louisville Cardinals are worth the most with a value of $367,435,000. Arizona is ranked second with a value of $314,959,000 while Kansas, Ohio State and final four bound Wisconsin round out the top five.
The number one team in the country, undefeated Kentucky comes in at number six with a value of $213,285,000.
The least valuable team is deemed to be UTEP with a value of $11,572,000.
The valuations were done by Ryan Brewer, who is an assistant professor of finance at Indiana University-Purdue University Columbus. Brewer analyzed each programs revenues and expenses made cash flow adjustments, risk assessments as well as growth projections for each team.
- Uniforms, Pride, And The Oregon Ducks In The National Championship
- Ten Injuries That Could Have Cost The Ducks and Bucks Their Season
- Despite Ducks’ Win at UCLA, Helfrich Still Needs To Prove Himself
- Close, But Not Close Enough for the Ducks
- Can the Spartans Face Down the Ducks’ Running Game?
- Ducks Going to the Rose Bowl
- Ducks’ Dana Altman Named Coach of the Year in Midst of Rape Lawsuit
- Oregon Ducks Lose NCAA Football Championship 42-20
- Glenn Parker: Importance of Ducks’ Win Over Spartans
- Are the Ducks Losing Their Innovative Edge?