Welcome to GoLocalPDX
Saturday, August 30, 2014
The genesis of the business came from two guys in New England back in 2009 – Josh Fenton and Paul Krasinski -- who saw a few important things developing:
- Newspapers were going out of business and those that remained were losing relevancy and readers.
- For a lot of cities there was nothing to replace the important enterprise journalism that newspapers did well for decades.
- People wanted local news and they wanted to be able to access it on their computers, on their mobile phones and on their tablets.
- Readers wanted to feel more involved in the news stories they were reading, and to be part of the media conversation.
- It wasn’t just journalists who had important things to say.
- Advertisers needed important, smart, fun and informative content to sit alongside.
- Finally, and most importantly, journalism plays an important role in democracies, and keeps politicians, non-profits, and businesses honest.
- Best Wieden + Kennedy Nike Ads EVER
- S’mores Time! Six New Takes on the Classic Campfire Treat
- Gus Van Sant Talks on the Eve of the 25th Anniversary of Drugstore Cowboy
- Portland City Council White by Law?
- Court Case Argues Portland Parking Tickets Are Not Valid
- See Oregon’s History of Discrimination