Bernie Sander’s Campaign Bird is Identified by National Audubon Society
Saturday, March 26, 2016
Bernie Sander's Moda Center campaign stop on Friday was interrupted by an unexpected visitor and the National Audubon Society has identified the the flying visitor.
Sander's was visited by a small bird on the podium to the delight of the packed crowd. Now, the National Audubon has identified the little bird.
Related Slideshow: 5 Reasons Why Bernie Sanders’ Trip to Portland Matters, March 2016
Bigger than August
In August, GoLocalPDX reported, “The Bernie Sanders rally at the Moda Center hit an all-time high for the Presidential candidate for this election cycle.
The Portland rally nearly doubled the 15,000 attendees in Seattle. According to Sanders' campaign, over 28,000 people attended the Portland campaign event, causing a stadium overflow.”
So today’s event needs to show the same type of enthusiasm and energy. The bar was set high in August.
No matter how you cut it, Sanders needs to win almost every primary and caucus that remains and a must win is Oregon.
In a state that has pockets of tremendous populism and progressivism — Sanders may be the perfect candidate. See the numbers.
Why Not Clinton
With Clinton growing ever closer to hitting the magic need to secure the Democratic nomination, Sanders needs to convince voters that he is the better choice — not just the more Liberal.
He gave her a pass on the emails and has let up on the fees from Goldman Sachs -- those decisions has cost him.
Portland is the place to take the conversation to a new level in front of thousands.
Breaking Through the Trump Noise
While Sanders has a strong message on addressing college debt and tacking on Wall Street, the GOP noise of Donald Trump and Ted Cruz has absorbed all the political media coverage for weeks.
Sanders needs to elevate the Democratic race to equal the GOP battle. Portland is a big enough city to launch a powerful new message for the last phase of the primary battle.
The reality for Sanders is that he needs to win 70+ percent of the remaining delegates in order to win the nomination -- absent a FBI finding of significance against Clinton on her email issue.
Thus, while his message has inspired young voters and disenfranchised older Democrats, he has to broaden his base now and change the dynamics of the race to win. He has had great upset wins, out raised Clinton in the past few months and his America commercial has the best as of the campaign cycle. He needs to flip the table.
- 5 Reasons Why Bernie Sanders’ Trip to Portland Matters, March 2016
- 10 Ways Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump Are Actually Similar
- Clinton Outraises Sanders 12 to 1 in Oregon
- Jencunas: Trump, Not Sanders, is the Political Revolution
- Sanders Disavows Black Lives Matter Apology
- Sanders Extends Lead in New Hampshire Polls
- Sanders Campaign Suspended from DNC Database After Accessing Confidential Data
- Portland Mayor’s Race: Why Wheeler is Clinton and Bailey is Sanders
- SLIDESHOW: Bernie Sanders Rally Sets Record at Moda Center
- Ted Cruz, Bernie Sanders, Surge in Fundraising Ahead of Iowa Caucus
- Who’s Hot and Who’s Not in Oregon Politics: Bernie Sanders, Brent Barton, Patrick Sheehan
- Who’s Hot and Who’s Not in Oregon Politics: Bernie Sanders, Charlie Hales, The Portland Spirit
- What do Bernie Sanders and Donald Trump Have in Common?
- What Bernie Sanders’ Election Would Mean for Legalized Drugs
- Trump & Sanders Win Big in New Hampshire
- Oregon Could Be Major Obstacle in Bernie Sanders’ Presidential Campaign
- NEW: Clinton Outraises Sanders in Oregon By Nearly $40,000
- Bernie Sanders Rally Moves to Moda Center
- Bernie Sanders Rally Sets Record at Moda Center
- Bernie Sanders in Portland: What to Expect
- ANALYSIS: Is Bernie Sanders the Perfect Oregon Presidential Candidate
- Bernie Sanders Supporters Launch Oregon Effort
- Bernie Sanders to Appear at Portland Rally
- GOP Race Narrows to Trump & Cruz, as Clinton Spars with Sanders at Debate
- Could Joe Biden Spell Trouble for Bernie Sanders in Oregon?
- COMING FRIDAY: Why Wheeler is Clinton and Bailey is Sanders