FBI Joins with Umatilla Tribal Police to Investigate Double Shooting - One Dead
Sunday, March 20, 2016
A second adult man was also shot and transported to a regional hospital where he is listed in serious condition. This man is a tribal member of the Confederated Tribes of the Umatilla Indian Reservation.
Shortly after the incident, the Umatilla Tribal Police detained a California man, Victor Contreras, age 23. Following an investigation by the Umatilla Tribal Police and the FBI, agents made a probable cause arrest of Contreras and lodged him in the Umatilla County Jail. Contreras will be transported to Portland on Monday, March 21, 2016, to make an initial appearance before a federal magistrate. Contreras is a non-tribal member.
The investigation is continuing under the leadership of Assistant United States Attorney Scott Kerin who is prosecuting this case.
Related Slideshow: FBI Terrorists - Dec, 2015
As of December, 2015 - this was the FBI's list of the ten most wanted terrorist.
- FBI Offers $100,000 for information on ‘AK-47 Bandit’
- FBI Investigating California Shooting as an Act of Terrorism
- FBI Completes Evidence Collection at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge
- FBI Orders Apple to Unlock San Bernardino Shooter’s iPhone
- FBI Releases Oregon Hate Crime Data for 2014
- FBI’s 10 Most Wanted Terrorist in the US
- FBI Seeks Public Help In International Sextortion Case
- Oregon’s Most Violent Cities and Towns: New FBI Crime Data
- FBI Says State Troopers Were Justified in January Shooting
- FBI Seeks Man in Connection with Child Sexual Assault Victim