Portland Ranked 6th Best City for Beer Lovers in U.S.
Friday, July 01, 2016
Portland has 9 breweries per 100,000 adults 21+ and has 265 active brewery permits.
“Portland is a no-brainer when it comes to beer. Boasting more breweries than any city in the world, it is easy to find craft beer around almost any corner. Our grocery stores host a wide variety of different craft beers and when you can’t find what you fancy, our bottle shops will do the trick! Belmont station located on SE Stark and 45th is a personal favorite, as they have a great selection in both their tasting room and bottle shop. Regardless of weather, there is likely an Oregon-brewed beer that fits your taste and style for the day," said Matthew Brennan, Portland Redfin real estate agent.
Other Portland stats include a state beer tax of $.08 per gallon, a walk score of 64 and a median home sale price of $340,000.
Portland ranks 6 in front of Denver, Colorado and Detroit Michigan at 7 and 8 respectively.
Portland ranks behind Grand Rapids, Michigan and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania at 4 and 5 respectively.
The top city in the country for beer lovers is Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Redfin got data on active brewery permits per state and breweries per adults aged 21+ per state was provided by the Beer Institute and the figures from 2015.
The beer tax per state was found from the Tax Foundation study conducted on March 17, 2016.
The final rankings were determined by ranking 50 cities according to each metric, then taking the average of all those rankings to rank the order of the top 15 cities for beer lovers.
- Oregon Named the Top State for Beer in the U.S.
- Oregon’s Best Beer
- Portland Brewing Releases New Beer For Rose Festival
- Portland Second Most Expensive City to Buy Beer and Wine
- Oregon Brewery Ranked 5th in the World by RateBeer.com
- Oregon Brewers Festival Features 90 Different Beers, Kicks off with Parade
- NEW: PSU Students Help Launch Low-Carbon Beer
- NW Coffee Beer Invitational
- Old Town Brewing’s Award Winning Beer in Bottles
- Oregon At Top of Thrillist List for Beer and Topless Joints
- Rogue Ales Debuts Sportscaster Colin Cowherds Blunt N’ Bitter Beer
- Rogue Farms Creates Beer From Beehives
- Wyden Calls For Consumer Protections in Reported Beer Merger
- Your Guide to the Vegan Beer and Food Fest
- “Killer” Festival Celebrates Pumpkin Beer
- Vegan Beer & Food Fest Recap
- Travel Portland To Create 10 #PDXNOW Beers Debuting On January 24
- Rogue’s “Right Hand of Doom” Beer Celebrates Hellboy’s 21st Anniversary
- Strange Brew: Seven Beers That Are Just Plain Odd
- Taplister.com and EastBurn Host 4th Annual Rye Beer Fest
- Ten New Beers You Should Try
- New Loyal Legion Beer Hall Serves 99 Oregon-Made Brews
- New Documentary “It All Starts With Beer” Debuts In Portland
- Bowery Bagels Releases Seasonal Beer Bagel
- Cascade Brewing Celebrates 5th Anniversary With Vintage Beers
- Columbia Distributing and Deschutes Brewery Gearing Up For ‘Beer Machines’
- Craft Beer and Vegan Food Festival is Coming Back to Portland
- Bend Ranked Number 1 Beer City in U.S.