Characters on the Catwalk Fashion Show
Saturday, January 30, 2016
The fashion show will celebrate the characters in “From Under the Mountain,” a new fantasy novel by local author Cait Spivey.
The show promises to be a fun, visually intricate event to thrill fans and give readers a glimpse into the novel.
The show will feature original costume designs by local Portland designer Brandilyn Scott and music by Sac Anger. It will will introduce viewers to the major players in Mountain and set the stage upon which the story unfolds.
“From Under the Mountain” follows a nineteen-year-old girl who becomes empress and has to face a movement to depose the four witch clans that protect her empire; but all human plans are cast aside when an ancient evil breaks free from its prison under the mountain.
The empress must join forces with a psychopathic god to bind the evil again and save her people. Her journey to establish her place, protect what she loves, and do right by her people will resonate with readers across the board.
The show is set to begin at 7 PM at the Old Church Concert Hall in downtown Portland on Saturday, January 30. For more information, find the event on Facebook.
Related Slideshow: 20 Portland Fashion Accounts To Follow on Instagram
GoLocalPDX has scoured the world of Instagram and found some awesome designers, stores, and bloggers showcasing fashion in Portland.
- Reactions On Kanye West x Adidas NY Fashion Week Show
- Recap: 1st Annual Fashion Meets Film Runway Show
- Portland Threads: Portland Fashion and Style Awards
- Portland Threads: Fashionistas at Portland Fashion Week
- Portland Fashion Week Kicks off Early With ‘Fashion and Music on the Square’
- Portland Fashion Week Returns for Third Year
- Recap: Fade To Light 2015 A Multidimensional Fashion Event
- Recap: Portland Fashion and Style Awards
- Third Annual Portland Fashion and Style Awards Preview
- Why We All Need to Support Portland’s Fashion Scene
- The Reluctant Adventurer: Italian Fashion and Why I Enjoy Being a Girl, Sort of.
- Teen Fashion Queen: Kate Miles, PFW Emerging Designer Winner
- PDX Fashion Community Shares Their Spring Fashion Essentials
- On the Runway: Communion’s Third Annual Fashion Show
- College Counseling: Great Programs in Fashion Design and Merchandising
- Fade to Light Fashion Event at The Crystal Ballroom
- Alley 33 Brings a Sustainable Fashion Show to Portland
- 20 Portland Fashion Accounts To Follow on Instagram
- 20 Portland Etsy Accounts for Beauty and Fashion Lovers
- Fade to Light: A Multidimensional Fashion Event
- Fashion Events You Don’t Want to Miss This Weekend
- Local Fashion Label Karl vonBuck Launches Spring 2015 Line
- New Fashion Label Karl vonBuck Launches At Adorn Boutique
- Italian Style: Fashion Since 1945 at Portland Art Museum
- Former Portland Fashion Week Director’s Photo Goes Viral
- First Annual Fashion Meets Film Runway Show
- 15 Year Old Fashion Designer To Show Collection at Vancouver Fashion Week