Portland Police Officer Arrested for DUI After Crash
Tuesday, April 26, 2016
Chastain was booked into the Clackamas County Jail and later released. The Portland Police Bureau was notified this afternoon that an off-duty Portland Police officer was involved in a traffic crash in Clackamas County where alcohol was a factor.
Officer Chastain is a 17-year-veteran of the Portland Police Bureau and was assigned to the Tactical Operations Division. Officer Chastain was placed on paid Administrative Leave, which is standard procedure, pending the resolution of the case in Clackamas County.
Officer Chastain was driving a City of Portland vehicle at the time of the crash as he was in an "on-call" status while off-duty.
The Portland Police Bureau cannot comment further on a personnel matter because it could interfere with the process of conducting a neutral, objective internal investigation and the Bureau must protect public employees' privacy interests consistent with the Oregon Public Records Law and relevant collective bargaining agreements.
Once the investigation is complete, this event will be the subject of an internal review and presentation to the Police Review Board.
Related Slideshow: Crime Trends in Portland - Good News and Bad News
The Portland Police Bureau's Strategic Services Division and the Criminology and Criminal Justice program at Portland State University (PSU) have partnered to provide an interactive tool to provide a longer term look at crime trends.
The interactive data shows the geographic distribution of crime in the city; and reveals insights into crime data.
See key findings below.
- Former U.S. Women’s Soccer Star Wambach Arrested for DUI
- Beaverton Police Make 44 DUII Arrests in November
- Critics: Washington County Judges Want to Extort Pleas from DUII suspects
- Gresham Police Arrest 9 for DUI During Labor Day Weekend Crackdown
- NEW: Mult. County Sheriff’s Office Ramps Up DUII Patrols
- Gresham Police Issue DUII Warning
- Hood River Police Plan Heightened DUII Enforcement
- ACLU Releases Statement Regarding Racist Police Behavior
- Oregon State Police Investigating Fatal Motorhome Crash
- Oregon State Police Charge Man “Criminally Negligent Homicide Failure to Perform to Injured Person”
- Oregon State Police Officer Injured After Being Hit by Impaired Driver
- Oregon State Police Recruits New Troopers
- Police Arrest Juvenile Shooting Suspect
- Police Arrest Public Masturbator After Nine Month Investigation
- Online Hackers Target Portland Police Officers
- Police Find 68 Pounds of Pot in Vehicle After Traffic Stop
- Oregon Police Chiefs Endorse Legislation to End Profiling
- Police Arrest Suspect Following Double Shooting on Warm Springs Reservation
- Oregon Politics, Who’s Hot and Who’s Not: GMO Recount, Amanda Fritz, Portland Police
- New: Portland Police Department Info Reported with Hacking Team
- NEW: Police Look for Suspects after Shootings in Gresham and Portland
- NEW: #DontShootPDX to protest Portland Police Association for NYPD Shooting Statement
- NEW: Man Files Complaint Claiming He was ‘Targeted’ by Police ‘Flash Bang’ Grenade
- Oregon State Police Search for Elk Poacher
- Oregon State Police Arrest 3 for Kidnapping & Other Charges
- Police Arrest ‘Bashful Burglar’ Suspect in North Portland
- Police Deal With Violence Fueled By Mexican Drug Cartels
- Police Dog “Hunter” Catches Two Burglars
- Police Investigate Homicide Downtown, Streets Opened
- Police Investigating After Nearly 4 Dozen Gunshots Fired in Piedmont Neighborhood
- Police Investigating Death of Newborn in Southeast Portland
- Police Investigate Death Along Southeast Railroad Tracks
- Police in Oregon Crackdown on DUI Arrests