Portland Police Investigating North Portland Shooting
Tuesday, January 12, 2016
North Precinct officers responded to multiple reports of gunfire at 7:54 PM on Sunday, January 10.
Officers arrived on the scene, located in the Humboldt neighborhood, near North Haight Avenue and Blandena Street, and located evidence of gunfire outside a home. Bullets damaged the home.
Officers contacted the residents of the home and determined that no one was injured in the shooting.
The same home was struck by gunfire in a shooting on January 2, 2016, that is believed to be gang-related.
Related Slideshow: 10 Facts About Oregon Gun Laws
Governor Kate Brown signed a bill into law in May that requires requiring background checks on private gun sales, according to Guns and Ammo Magazine.
"We have an obligation to protect Oregonians from gun violence," Brown said. "If we want to keep our kids, schools and communities safe, we must make it harder for dangerous people to get guns."
According to the National Rifle Association's website, concealed carry of firearms is allowed in Oregon if the carrier has been issued a permit.
To get a concealed carry permit apply at your local sheriff's office, pass a background check, prove you're at least 21, demonstrate that you're competent with the weapon and you're good to walk around strapped.
Loaded Guns in Public
According to a description of Oregon gun laws on the NRA website, it is unlawful to possess a loaded firearm in a public building, which includes hospitals, capitol buildings, schools, colleges, courthouses or city hall. Exceptions are made if you have a concealed carry permit.
- Report Calls For 21 Changes in Wake of Portland Police Shootings, In-Custody Deaths
- Press Conference with Governor Brown Scheduled in Portland on Umpqua Community College Shooting
- Scene of the Rosemary Anderson High School Shooting in North Portland
- Shooter Identifed In Washington’s Marysville School Shooting
- Shooting at Alberta St. Last Thursday Festival Leaves 3 Injured
- Post Shooting Scene
- Portland Police Resist Medical Examiner’s Involvement in Officer-Involved Shooting Investigations
- Police Take Heat for Rules Shielding Cops from Shooting Investigations
- Police Arrest Juvenile Shooting Suspect
- Portland High School Shooting: Ceasfire Oregon to Hold Gunfire Violence Call to Action TONIGHT
- Portland High School Shooting: Love Your Kids, Give Them A Hug, Mayor Says
- Portland High School Shooting: Third Suspect Arrested
- Shooting at Umpqua Community College is Nation’s 3rd Mass Shooting this Year
- Shooting in Powellhurst-Gilbert Neighborhood
- UCC Shooting Survivor Shares His Story
- Two Injured in Shooting at Powellhurst-Gilbert Bar
- UPDATED: Portland Police Make Arrest in High School Shooting Case
- UPDATED: Suspect at-Large After Strip Club Shooting in SE Portland
- Woman Dies After Beaverton Shooting
- Two Arrested in Connection With September Shooting
- The Victims of the Umpqua Community College Shooting
- Shooting Near Planned Parenthood Clinic in Colorado Springs
- Shooting Suspect Caught While Walking in Front of Police Station
- Should Special Prosecutors Handle Officer-Involved Shootings?
- Statement on Rosemary High Shooting by Daughter of Clackamas Center Victim
- Oregon is One of the Top States with Most Mass Shootings
- One Injured in Shooting in Northeast Portland
- Female Suspect in California Shooting Pledged Allegiance to ISIS on Social Media
- FBI Investigating California Shooting as an Act of Terrorism
- Firefighters Hold Memorial for Shooting Victim
- Follow the Twitter Feed on the Umpqua Shooting #UCCShooting
- Horowitz: Another Public Mass Shooting - It’s Time to Do More Than Nothing
- Elementary Schools Put on Lock-In After Gresham Shooting
- Clark County Investigating Officer Involved Shooting
- Arrest Made Near Salem For Shooting At Wash. State Casino
- 5 Deadliest Mass School Shootings in Oregon
- BREAKING: 10 Reported Dead After Shooting at Umpqua Community College
- BREAKING: North Portland High School Shooting: 3 shot Outside School, Suspect Fled on Foot
- Chiloquin Man Arrested After Shooting, Police Chase
- Man Arrested in Shooting of 10-Year-Old Girl
- Man Killed in Officer-Involved Shooting After Attacking Police with Knife
- North Portland School Shooting: I heard four shots, then somebody yelling
- NEW: Suspects in Portland School Shooting Charged with Attempted Murder
- One Dead, Two Injured after North Portland Shooting
- One Injured in East Portland Shooting
- One Injured in Shooting in North Portland
- NEW: Portland High School Shooting: Rosemary Anderson, School For Troubled Students
- NEW: Police Look for Suspects after Shootings in Gresham and Portland
- NEW: #DontShootPDX to protest Portland Police Association for NYPD Shooting Statement
- NEW: Beaverton Students Behind School Shooting Rumor “Thought It Would Be Funny”
- NEW: North Portland High School Shooting: Victim Released, Second Suspect Arrested
- NEW: Obama Calls for “Common Sense” Gun Control After Oregon Shooting
- 5 Arrested After Shooting at Portland House Party