Portland Police Searching for Gunman Who Shot Moving Truck
Thursday, January 28, 2016
At roughly 2:13 AM East Precinct officers responded to a call on I-205 Southbound at Division Street that reported shot being fired at a tractor-trailer being driven on the freeway, flattening one of the tires.
Officers contacted the truck driver. The driver told police that he was driving south on I-205 in the right lane when someone in a “newer black SUV” with tinted windows pulled up next to him and fired multiple rounds at the driver’s side rear tire before speeding out of the area.
Officers found evidence of gunfire that was consistent with the truck driver’s statement. The driver did not see the shooter and was not able to provide a better description of the vehicle.
No similar incidents have been reported to police. Police said there is no evidence to suggest that this was a road rage incident.
Anyone with information pertaining to the shooting is asked to call Assault detectives at 503-823-0400.
Related Slideshow: 10 Facts About Oregon Gun Laws
Governor Kate Brown signed a bill into law in May that requires requiring background checks on private gun sales, according to Guns and Ammo Magazine.
"We have an obligation to protect Oregonians from gun violence," Brown said. "If we want to keep our kids, schools and communities safe, we must make it harder for dangerous people to get guns."
According to the National Rifle Association's website, concealed carry of firearms is allowed in Oregon if the carrier has been issued a permit.
To get a concealed carry permit apply at your local sheriff's office, pass a background check, prove you're at least 21, demonstrate that you're competent with the weapon and you're good to walk around strapped.
Loaded Guns in Public
According to a description of Oregon gun laws on the NRA website, it is unlawful to possess a loaded firearm in a public building, which includes hospitals, capitol buildings, schools, colleges, courthouses or city hall. Exceptions are made if you have a concealed carry permit.
- Portland Police Resist Medical Examiner’s Involvement in Officer-Involved Shooting Investigations
- Portland Police Investigating North Portland Shooting
- Portland Police Arrest Man For Threatening to Shoot A Person
- Portland Trail Blazers Buyout Sharpshooter Mike Miller
- Post Shooting Scene
- Scene of the Rosemary Anderson High School Shooting in North Portland
- Report Calls For 21 Changes in Wake of Portland Police Shootings, In-Custody Deaths
- Press Conference with Governor Brown Scheduled in Portland on Umpqua Community College Shooting
- Portland High School Shooting: Third Suspect Arrested
- Portland High School Shooting: Love Your Kids, Give Them A Hug, Mayor Says
- Oregon is One of the Top States with Most Mass Shootings
- One Injured in Shooting in Northeast Portland
- One Injured in Shooting in North Portland
- Police Arrest Juvenile Shooting Suspect
- Police Arrest Suspect in 2015 Portland Shooting
- Portland High School Shooting: Ceasfire Oregon to Hold Gunfire Violence Call to Action TONIGHT
- Police Take Heat for Rules Shielding Cops from Shooting Investigations
- Shooter Identifed In Washington’s Marysville School Shooting
- Shooting at Alberta St. Last Thursday Festival Leaves 3 Injured
- UCC Shooting Survivor Shares His Story
- UCC Shooter’s Myspace Page Unveils Who He Was
- Two Injured in Shooting at Powellhurst-Gilbert Bar
- UPDATED: Don’t Shoot PDX Says Meeting with Portland Mayor Was ‘Big Win’
- UPDATED: Portland Police Make Arrest in High School Shooting Case
- Woman Dies After Beaverton Shooting
- Winterhawks Lose in Penalty Shootout to Seattle, Remain Winless
- UPDATED: Suspect at-Large After Strip Club Shooting in SE Portland
- Two Arrested in Connection With September Shooting
- The Victims of the Umpqua Community College Shooting
- Shooting Near Planned Parenthood Clinic in Colorado Springs
- Shooting in Powellhurst-Gilbert Neighborhood
- Shooting at Umpqua Community College is Nation’s 3rd Mass Shooting this Year
- Shooting Suspect Caught While Walking in Front of Police Station
- Should Special Prosecutors Handle Officer-Involved Shootings?
- Statement on Rosemary High Shooting by Daughter of Clackamas Center Victim
- Spotted In Portland: Evan Rachel Wood & Other Stars on Wildfang Shoot
- One Injured in Mair of Overnight Shootings in East Portland
- One Injured in East Portland Shooting
- Don’t Shoot Portland Distances Themselves from “Dead Cops” Caroling Protest
- Don’t Shoot PDX Hires Attorney Over DOJ Surveillance
- Don’t Shoot Portland Protesters Flood Mayor’s Office
- Don’t Shoot Portland invites “Whole City” to a Private Meeting with Mayor
- Elementary Schools Put on Lock-In After Gresham Shooting
- Firefighters Hold Memorial for Shooting Victim
- Female Suspect in California Shooting Pledged Allegiance to ISIS on Social Media
- FBI Investigating California Shooting as an Act of Terrorism
- Corvallis Teen Shoots Man with Pellet Gun in Marijuana Robbery
- Clark County Investigating Officer Involved Shooting
- Black Lives Matter and Don’t Shoot PDX are Emerging as Political Forces in Portland
- Arrest Made Near Salem For Shooting At Wash. State Casino
- 5 Deadliest Mass School Shootings in Oregon
- Black Lives Matter Portland “Calls Out” Don’t Shoot PDX
- BREAKING: 10 Reported Dead After Shooting at Umpqua Community College
- Chiloquin Man Arrested After Shooting, Police Chase
- BREAKING: North Portland High School Shooting: 3 shot Outside School, Suspect Fled on Foot
- Follow the Twitter Feed on the Umpqua Shooting #UCCShooting
- Four-Year-Old Shoots Finger with Handgun in Gresham
- NEW: Obama Calls for “Common Sense” Gun Control After Oregon Shooting
- NEW: North Portland High School Shooting: Victim Released, Second Suspect Arrested
- NEW: Beaverton Students Behind School Shooting Rumor “Thought It Would Be Funny”
- NEW: Police Look for Suspects after Shootings in Gresham and Portland
- NEW: Portland High School Shooting: Rosemary Anderson, School For Troubled Students
- One Dead, Two Injured after North Portland Shooting
- North Portland School Shooting: I heard four shots, then somebody yelling
- NEW: Suspects in Portland School Shooting Charged with Attempted Murder
- NEW: ACLU Says Oregon DOJ Surveilling Black Activists; Don’t Shoot PDX Says It’s “Not Surprising”
- NEW: #DontShootPDX to protest Portland Police Association for NYPD Shooting Statement
- I-84 Closed Briefly After Police Shoot Man Near Freeway
- Horowitz: Another Public Mass Shooting - It’s Time to Do More Than Nothing
- Fugitive Shoots at Police During Chase
- Linfield Football Player Fatally Stabbed, Police Shoot Suspect
- Man Arrested in Shooting of 10-Year-Old Girl
- Multiple Shooters Open Fire at Social Services Agency in California
- Man Killed in Officer-Involved Shooting After Attacking Police with Knife
- 5 Arrested After Shooting at Portland House Party